Friday, July 18, 2008

Packed & Ready

Just wanted to let everyone know that it has been an exhausting day of packing but I am finally done.

Packing for a mission trip is so different than packing for a vacation. First thing, there is not a local Wal-mart that you can run and get something it your forget it. Everything that we took had to be in gallon zip lock bags, which was more work than I anticipated. Then of course, if you have never flown before.....like myself, it makes packing a whole new challenge....at least in my eyes.

So how an I feeling about the trip today? To be honest, a little nervous. I thought I was going to have a panic attack when I was packing. I survived! I think I was just a little anxious!

We will meet at the church tonight...or in the morning at 2:30am and our flight takes off at 6:10am. Please be in prayer for our group and for me. I just am not looking forward to the flight. Once we get there I am sure I'll be fine. Hubby will be up-dating my blog...hopefully to let everyone know that we arrived safely and how the trip is going. I will call him each evening, to keep him informed. I will be back home on the 27th, so I will have tons to talk about!

Thanks again for all your prayers!

3 Comments:

Jeanette said...

I'll be praying for you! Keep us posted. I'll be praying that God will give you tons of opps to share the Gospel. May God's name be praised!!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I didn't get to call you last night. I know you were busy with the packing. I did pray for you... Be safe and I luvvies you. Annette

Anonymous said...

We will keep you in our prayers, and we know you will be a great wittness for Christ. Is D.J. as apprehencive as you were? We will be looking for exciting news from you. Love you, Helen