Sunday, July 13, 2008

PROCRASTINATION

Yes, I am a procrastinator, big time with a capitol "P"!!!! Each Sunday evening, our youth pastor holds a prayer meeting at his home, and parents take turn cooking a meal for the teenagers. Tonight was my night! So, spaghetti & garlic bread was the chosen meal. That's cool, not hard, no problem. I would hate to be overly prepared and would hate to ruin my wonderful image as a procrastinator and start it the night before, so I would have to do is make the noodles and cook the bread...right?? So I waited until after church.

Mind you, I still have to stop at the grocery store and pick up the meat and a few brownine mixes to make for dessert!!

So while at the store, Bradley wants chocolate pies, instead of brownies........did I also mention I have this terrible problem with saying NO?? So I gave in and brought the stuff to make six chocolate pies. I will have to say this is a phenomenal recipe for chocolate pie, and you make it in the microwave. No fail, perfect each time, but it does take about 10-15 minutes per pie to make, so I am now in time crunch! What's new, right?? Good thing the other kids are with their grandparents in Florida, or there is no telling what else I would of agreed to make!!

I thought, I would share this recipe with you, like I said it is really great!

Mix

1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1/3 cup flour (any kind)
1/4 cup cocoa
2 cups milk (any milk, rice milk, soy milk, goat milk)
3 egg yolks


Mix together in microwavable bowl and cook in microwave on high for 4 minutes.
Take out stir and put back into microwave for an additional 4 minutes or until thick.
Remove and whisk in 1 tsp vanilla and 1/2 stick of butter. Pour into baked pie shells and chill.


That's it.....pretty simple!

I did not really know what to expect, because this was the first time that I have taken a meal over for the group, but after the prayer time, everyone ate and I hung around to chit chat with everyone. Mark (the youth pastor) has Rock Band, and of course I love games, so I had to play....of course!!
So after a busy day of rushing around and putting things off to the last minute, I will have to say....it was all good!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous said...

That pie looks pretty yummy!!!!! I think you should bring one over tonight..... HeeeeHeeeee

Love you boogies, Annette