Monday, April 26, 2010

90 Bible Journey, Week 13

From Children’s Letters to God:

Dear God, who draws the lines around countries?  -Nan

Dear God, I bet it is hard for you to love all the people in the world.  There are only four people in my family, and I could never do it.  -James

Dear God, We read that Thomas Edison invented light.  But in Sunday School, we learned that you did it.  So I guess he stole the idea from you.         –Donna

Dear God, I didn’t think that orange went with purple until I saw the sunset on Thursday.  That was cool.  -Eugene

Dear God, Thank you for the baby brother, but what I prayed for was a puppy.  Love, Joyce

Think about that last letter as we round the corner to what, for most of us, will be out last week of reading through The Bible in 90 Days:

Are you getting out of the reading what you expected?  If not, what was your puppy and what is your baby brother??

If you are current in your reading, how can you support  those who may be a bit behind?  If you are behind, do you have a plan for catching up? 

Here are the last few days of readings:

Monday:  Hebrews 1:1 through James 3:12

Tuesday:  James 3:13 through 3 John 14

Wednesday:  Jude 1 through Revelation 17:18

Thursday:  Revelation 18:1 through Revelation 22:21

Leave a comment and let me know how you are doing!!

5 Comments:

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

I haven't even made it to the New Testament...I fail :( I am still reading though, I plan to make it thru the whole Bible by the end of the summer :)

Kris Hughes said...

I figure I need 10 more days and I'll be done. I'm so excited to be completing what has been a 20 year desire of mine!! And....I think I just want to start back at Genesis when I 'm done! Thank you so much for hosting this-I have truly been changed through God's Word!

BARBIE said...

Hello. I stumbled about your blog today. I really like it and am your newest follower! I think it's great you are reading through the Bible in 90 days. I have tried to read it through in a year and have failed. But there's always time to try again, right? Blessings!

Laina said...

Stumbled upon your blog while browsing on blogger. Love this post! How funny! Thanks for making me laugh :)
My Blog: http://reflectionsofanavywife.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

nice blog...interesting to consider that sometimes life throws us curve balls as you indicated in your post regarding the puppy versus baby. I have not been reading this blog long so I am not involved in this 90 day bible reading thing - read the whole bible once a long time ago and it was basically a waste of time for me but it seems like a lot of people are enjoying it - that's nice to see since the Bible is the most well known book on the planet.