Friday, April 16, 2010

Fad Diet

Okay, I need to lose weight.

diet

What is so hard about losing weight?  It is not an easy task,  it involves planning, exercise and the most important thing, commitment.

So, as usual around my office we often talk about dieting and walking, but seldom do anything besides talk about it.  Last week, I did something about it and instead of going out to eat, I put on a pair of tennis shoes and walked instead.  I also packed my lunch!  Yay me!  So again we talked about how to lose weight and three of us in my office decided to do the Scared Heart Diet.  Y’all this is a big time fad diet, but our thinking was that we could get a big jump start on some weight loss and then start the following week doing something more realistic.

So this diet revolves around soup and lots of it.  Sunday night I chopped up what seemed to be an endless line of veggie.  Celery, carrots, onions, green beans, tomatoes, parsley…ugh!  Monday we were allowed to eat all the soup we wanted along with all the fruits we wanted, except bananas.  Tuesday, same with the soup, but only veggie were allowed to be consumed.  Wednesday, all soup, along with fruit and veggie.  Thursday, all the soup you can eat along with bananas and skim milk…..it keeps on going, but I think you get the just.

I did good…we all did good and as of Wednesday I have lost 4 pounds.  BUT…I can’t eat the soup anymore.  I gag at the thought of it.  It was not bad and I rather enjoyed it Monday, but y’all it’s rough eating it everyday!  although it’s a fad diet, it did show results, but I am back to eating a sensible diet…Yay me!

Also along with walking at least three times a week, I am starting Zumba next week!  I am so excited about it!!  I might make a fool of myself, but I wont be the only one, 2 other staffers are going to do it along with the music ministers wife and another lady in our church!!!  We made a pack, what happens in Zumba, stays in Zumba!  HA!  Something is going on in the halls of the Calvary Staff…we are trying to get healthy!

7 Comments:

Jeanette said...

Go Patrice! You can do it :}

Anonymous said...

Hi Patrice, you should try the Kirstie Alley Organic Liaison. Katelyn, Randy and I have been on it for abou six weeks and have lost about 43 lbs together. The supplement you drink helps to take away the cravings and gives plenty of energy. I highly recommend it. You drink the supplement and eat a specific number of calories - not too bad, most of the time I cannot consume enough calories to reach my limit as I am too full.

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

I'm and cheering for you in Florida...I don't know if I could have eaten soup that many days in a row.

Christina said...

What is Zumba? I wanna lose weight too!

咪叩~ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
咪叩~ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
咪叩~ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.