Wednesday, April 14, 2010

RD That I Dedicate To My BBFF, Greg

Here we go with this weeks Random Dozen…I totally dedicate this RD to Greg, because my allergies are killing me and for some odd reason when I see these sandals, I am reminded of him!!  HA!

This picture is a clarification for question 1:

1. How do you feel about "Gladiator" sandals, also called "Roman" or "Jesus" sandals? A fashion yea or nay?

I say nay, but what do I know?  Each time I say that no one will wear them, there will be people flocking in droves to buy them!! 

2. What is your favorite pizza?

I love Papa John’s Bacon &  Ham pizza…yummy!!

3. There are plans in the works to sell roughly 1,000 items from Star Trek: The Experience in Las Vegas. This means you could buy Picard's chair for your family room. If not a Star Trek item, what prop, background, set, etc. from what TV or movie would you buy if you could?

I do not have a clue…there are thing I see when watching TV and I say, wow…I would love to have that, but right now could not tell you what those things were!!

4. Name a local food or restaurant that your area is famous for.

Joe’s Place, a Ma & Pa Greasy Spoon that has been know for their Bacon Cheese Burgers!!

5. What is your current favorite snack?

Well since I am on this crazy fad diet this week…yes, I said fad, (good story for another day), my favorite snack food is potato chips, but this week, I’ll go with the yummy orange!!  :o)

6. Hypothetical: You are required to be a reality show contestant. Which show would you choose based on your probability of success? (You cannot choose "none.")
A. Dancing with the Stars
B. Biggest Loser
C. Survivor

Well you said we could not choose “none”, so I will go with Biggest Loser & Survivor!  I am so ultra competitive that I would work hard to win the Biggest Loser and for Survivor, I think I would outwit for sure!!!

7. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being uninhabitable and 10 being cleanliness that meets the standards of OCD, how clean is your vehicle's interior?

Considering I spilled an entire glass of cranberry juice in my Jeep yesterday and just shrugged, I would go with 1.  If it were not for my Hubby occasionally cleaning it, my Jeep would of been condemned years ago!

8. It doesn't feel like Spring until _________.

…my BBFF Greg starts talking about his Market Adventures!!

9. Something that made you laugh really hard recently is ____.

I guess I am having blogger’s block, yes I do laugh all the time, but one thing that I really laughed hard about recently??  Not sure!

10. Tell me about a goal you're working toward.

I am working hard to get healthy and lose weight.  I’ve been struggling with a few heath things lately and it’s time to do something about it, so where better to start?  Exercise and eating right…well almost right, we are doing a seven crazy eating thing!!  I will post more on it later, promise!

11. Share a thought-provoking or inspiring quote this week.

"Keep your face in the sunshine and you cannot see the shadows." -Helen Keller

12. Name one thing that you do as a parent that you absolutely know will make your kids happy. If you're not a parent, feel free to substitute "friend" or nomenclature that works for you.

Going to the grocery store!!  3 boys, two of them teenagers…they love to eat.  Enough said!

8 Comments:

sara said...

love your #12......these boys do eat us out of house and home!!!

Lot's of people like Papa Johns!

as I read this I thought you were going to say that your fad diet had you eating potato chips....I would want to know about that diet!!!

Melissa's Thoughts said...

Thank goodness you don't like the Jesus sandles. UG. Thanks for walking with me yesterday. We walked exactly one mile.

Mary from Diet Site said...

Wonderful blog, i recently come to your blog through Google excellent knowledge keep on posting you guys.

Skoots1moM said...

love your hellen keller quote
love us some papa john's :)

cracking up...my word verification was just: atedness (sound like me after being awake at 2am and eating a snack)

Pam from alertandorientedx4 said...

anxious to read about your dieting adventures. I am on the Curves weight mgmt program. Just finished 1200 cal per day...now up to 1500...i am hon-gry! And I have 3 teenage boys and a teenage girl. They are ALWAys HONGRY!

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

LOL at #7, can't wait to hear about crazy eating thing :)

Mary said...

Ha! Yes, going to the grocery store definitely makes my boys happy!

Jeanette said...

The last time I laughed REALLY hard was last night. Gabby was freaking out because there was a bug on her bed. So I calmly went upstairs, grabbed a tissue and got the bug. I told her I would flush it....after I chased her around the house with it :} I know! I'm SO mean! After flushing, I told her I hoped that the bug had not left any baby bugs under her bed because they would probably crawl in her ears while she was sleeping.

Yes, I was laughing so hard, I was crying! Just my way of getting even :}