Monday, November 7, 2011

The Loves Of My Life

I have been up for most of the morning.  I got excited Saturday night when we had the honor of setting our clocks back one hour for that glorious extra hour of sleep!  That was until this morning…I am a creature of habit, so that means that I still get up at my body's time…I guess that will mean early mornings for me.

I don’t mind getting up early, especially now.  We have been a family of a second shift work schedule for nearly 12 years, so that is a hard thing to break.  My hubby’s shift was recently moved to a first shift schedule for the next six months, so it has been a hard couple of weeks adjusting to it.  At first we were excited about it, but then it started and both of us are really not sure if this is for us.  Oh well, 5 months and 1 more week to figure it out!  ha!

Today, I am listing three thankfuls…one for Saturday, Sunday and today since I slacked this weekend. So, since there are three things and I have three sons, might as well take this opportunity to talk about the loves of my live…My Boys!

our boys 1

I look at the above picture and I CAN NOT BELIEVE THAT MY BABIES ARE SO GROWN!

When I look at my boys I still see them as this…

img223

and this….

img008

and this….

img213

and this…

    img232img230 

   and this…

  Joey3   

The honor that I have of being their mother is beyond any words I could ever type here.  I thank God every day for allowing me to be a part of their lives.  When I first held DJ, our oldest I thought I could never love anything as much as him…ever!  When I was pregnant with out second son, I fretted if I could love him as much as our first and my fears were at rest when I held him, because my heart was so full of love.  Then the moment our third son arrived and our family was complete, I realized how moms could love their children so much and so equally!  Each one of our boys are so different, but my love for them is so special!!!

When I look at the first picture, I can only imagine that in a few years that picture will have additions of a wife, or even two….YIKES, maybe just one…I am not ready for my boys to be that grown up!! 

I am so thankful for my children, for the love my hearts holds for them today and tomorrow and always!

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy can I relate to how fast those kids grow! My boys are still teens, but they are at that age where one day they look like little kids and then the next day I look at them and wonder when they became men.

Vee said...

I totally understand the waking up very early thing. For some crazy reason, I don't do well on the fall back end of the time change.

What great looking sons! You are obviously much younger than I because I couldn't have resisted the title: "My Three Sons." You probably don't know what I'm yabbering about. I do agree with you, they grow up way too fast.

sara said...

Oh, I think all of us mom's of multiple kids can relate to this!! I remember wondering how I was going to love my son as much as my daughter too!!

It goes too fast, doesn't it?!!!

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

aww they grew to fast. Before you know it we will be Mother-n-laws...EEEK