Thursday, May 6, 2010

Today I Am Thankful For…

Thankful Thursday

This weekend and beginning of this week was much needed time of reconnection and balance.  My husband and I celebrated our 19th wedding anniversary and with life being so crazy lately, we spent four days at home doing nothing but spending time together and relaxing.

We had terrible weather in Tennessee this weekend with record flooding sweeping our state.  We were spared any flooding in our area.  Instead, our area was hit with lots of heavy rain.  There was no rushing here and there like we usually do, this kind of weather was called for staying indoors, so we pulled out a puzzle Saturday and for  hours our family was gathered around a rectangle hodge podge of chaos. 

For  a mom, this was heaven.  A rare moment that we all were together working on something, no where else to go or to be.  This past weekend and beginning of the week, was a much needed break from the crazy world we throw ourselves into each day.

Today I am thankful for my husband and my boys and how they have blessed my life.  I am such a lucky girl!

3 Comments:

Sandy said...

So glad to find your blog through Thankful Thursday. Thank you for your comment to me.
I am a teacher of students with Learning Disabilities.
I am praying for you, your family and your ministry.

Laina said...

Congratulations on your anniversary with your husband :) What a wonderful way to spend the day with your family. These are the moments you will always remember. Families need more days like this :)
I am officially following you.
http://reflectionsofanavywife.blogspot.com/

Jeanette said...

I'm jealous! I love it when all the kids are home and we have no where to go - just doesn't happen very often. Congrats on 19 years :}

Happy Mothers Day!!