Thursday, May 13, 2010

So Thankful…

Well if you have not hopped over to Greg's blog ever or in a while, do so today and join in on Thankful Thursday.  This is a great thing that he does each week and also it makes me stop and reflex on what I truly have to be thankful for each week!

After a rough mother’s day and the little fits that I can have when things do not go smoothly like I think they should, I can honesty say I am thankful for being a mom!  I am even more thankful that one day my boys will grow up and have kids of their own and then they will be paid back two-fold for all the rotten things they have done as kids!  HA!!!

I am also thankful for the opportunity that our Lord has allowed me to be able to go on my third mission trip to the Dominican this summer and the doors continue to fly open as I type, that the vision of a goat ministry will be successful.  I am even thankful of the opportunity to go back in January to continue with this project!  God is good!

Of course, I am ever so thankful for the great support that I have found through blogging.  I have been a little down in the dumps this week and the outpouring of comments and encouragement from my fellow bloggers make me smile from the inside out and THAT makes my day fantastic!  Thanks!!

So what are you thankful for today??

4 Comments:

Laina said...

Love thankful thursdays! How wonderful to take the time to focus on the positive things in life instead of allowing the negative to overtake us. What a lovely post!
Today I woke up sick and I am thankful for my husband taking care of our daughter and dog so I could sleep in a little, then he went to the store and picked me up some medicine. I am thankful that he still takes care of me when I need him. :)

Jeanette said...

Your blog! Thank you - it lifted my spirits today.

Hugs to you!

Beth Herring said...

Patrice - thanks for stopping by my post today. I am so thankful for my precious grandbabies. My girls have given me 5 (almost 6) of them and they are the greatest joy on earth!

I see you have 3 boys - I raised 3 girls, so grandsons have been quite an experience!

Love to you - Beth

Laina said...

Hey Patrice! I have three blog awards for you! I love reading your blog and feel you deserve them! Stop by my blog, read my post and find your name to find out which awards you've won :) Congratulations!
http://reflectionsofanavywife.blogspot.com/