Wednesday, May 5, 2010

RaNdOm DoZeN TiMe

1. What was the last thing about which you procrastinated?

Just this morning when I laid in the bed not wanting to move to hit the alarm clock!  Everyday is a chance for procrastination for me…I am terrible at putting things off till the last minute.  But in my defense, I work so well under pressure!

2. How long does it take you to fall asleep, and do you sleep through the night?

F.O.R.E.V.E.R.  I do not fall asleep very quickly and then I wake up several times a night or I toss and turn.  I think that is the reason my husband is pushing so hard for one of those mattresses that you can put a glass of wine on and jump and it not move!  HA!

3. Which decade would you choose to exemplify your favorite fashion styles?

I have big curly hair and the 80’s loved sporting those mile high do’s and did I fit in well!  HA!  Needless to say, I can do big hair!!  Do I even need to mention parachute pants…the sound of walking down the halls of school just brings back memories…….

4. What is your personal best dish to feed a crowd?

I can make a mean pot of chicken and dumplins, just saying….

5. Are you an impulse shopper? What was the last thing you bought on impulse?

On some things yes, but for the most part I will stalk the item endlessly until I feel right about it.

6. What is one wish you have for your own funeral?

It’s more for the after funeral than for the funeral itself.  On my tombstone I want it to read, “God was missing an angel so He called her home”! 

7. If it's true that joy is in found in the simple things in life, what does your joy look like today?

I am pretty much a very joyful person don’t ask anyone around me right now how joyful I have been a little crazy with life as of late, but I always bounce right back with a great attitude and can find joy in almost anything.  Right now, I am thrilled at the humming birds that have been calling my front porch home the last few days!

8. What is your favorite type of bread?

I love me some hot yeast rolls with butter….YUM!

9. What trait do you fear developing the most? (Laziness, greediness, grumpiness, etc.)

My kids keep saying that I am getting grumpier the older I get but I say they are driving me crazy and they make me grumpy.  So I guess I am most fearful of turning into a grumpy old lady. 

10. What trait would you like most to develop?

Is there such a trait as “get-r-done”?  I need a big ‘ol dose of    jack-rabbit-ness, not putting things off at the last minute trait, if there is one that exist!

11. Which room in your house best reflects your personality? Why?

I think most rooms in my house reflect me, but my kitchen is my domain and it has a desk with a shelves over it.   Right there are lots of little things that scream me! 

12. How do you maintain balance in your life regarding, work, family, church, other organizations and activities, and blogging?

Right now I am totally bombing in that area of balance.  I am under an extreme amount of stress with everything, that the balance is as off as a 100 year old washer machine.  There is so much going  on right now with our children, jobs, mission trip preparation that I am quickly losing my mind.  I pray that all gets under control really soon!

5 Comments:

Laina said...

Love your random dozen questions! Love learning more about you :)
Have a great day. Thanks for making me smile :)
http://reflectionsofanavywife.blogspot.com/

BARBIE said...

I love the saying you have picked out for your tombstone! I enjoyed your answers today! Have a blessed day!

Robin Lambright said...

Love chicken & dumplings!

I want that "get-r-done" trait too!

Blessings
R

Jerralea said...

I want a dose of "get-r-done" too!

I can relate to your answers so well ...

Unknown said...

I love your 6 answer.
Very well thought out.
I hope you sleep well soon...
Mine is here
Nice to meet you.
Happy Wednesday!
Wishing you an advance HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
hugs
shakira