Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A Green-ish Random Dozen

Here is my Random Dozen!  I missed a couple of weeks, but I’m back!!

1. Do you prefer even or odd numbers? Any particular reason?

Even numbers….I guess I am just odd that way!  HA!

2. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being "not at all" and 10 being Carly Simon-worthy, how vain are you?

Maybe a 2…I really am not vain at all, but there are a few times I do worry about how my wrinkles are looking!

3. Among these Irish stereotypes, with which do you identify most closely? Talkative, Proud, Inquisitive, Love to party, Hot-tempered.

I am quite talkative, but a little hot tempered too.  It is really to close to call.

4. How lucky do you consider yourself?

I am right up there, not winning the lottery lucky, but very lucky in the poor, not a lot of money kind of lucky.  I am blessed to have such a wonderful husband and kids!

5. What is the subject of your favorite post that you've written?

We had a little bit of a snowy situation last year and I got scared coming down our driveway, slammed on brakes and slid. Jeremy was a real brat about it and then on his way home, he wrecked his truck.  Such a proud moment for me!  If you want to read it, go here.

6. Describe March weather where you live in three words.

READY FOR SPRING!

7. How apt are you at detecting blarney when you hear it? (Smooth talk, flattery)

I am spot on, like a blood hound.

8. How "green" are you, environmentally speaking?

Not so much.  We live in the country with no recycling and the dump that we take our garbage off to is not that “green” with all those recycling bins around!  We do recycle our cardboard, simply because our dump has a place for it. 

Also, we do save our cans and tin foil and Bradley takes them with him when he makes a scrap metal run to the local junk yard.

9. What is your favorite song this week?

I have sang this song all week long!  It is very fitting for our lives right now.  I have been working on a blog post about this, and maybe soon I will share it.

10. You are walking along and see a coin on the ground. What denomination does it have to be before you will stop to pick it up?

I pick up any and all I can find and get totally excited when I find money!  My dad has always picked money up no matter what the denomination so I learned from the best!

11. Complete the sentence: "Every time I look outside my window ...."

It is snowing in Tennessee.  Y’all I am ready for Spring!

12. What was the #1 song on the day you were born? See this site to find out.

So bye-bye, Miss American Pie.  Drove my Chevy to the levee, but the levee was dry.

And them good old boys were drinkin’ whiskey and rye. Singin’, “this will be the day that I die.”

“This will be the day that I die.”

Sorry, I just broke out in song…

American Pie - Don McClean, click here is you want to hear it.

And that folks is all she wrote for this Random Dozen!  See ya next week!

8 Comments:

Melissa's Thoughts said...

#11 is my favorite. Love ya gal

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

LOL, we are a lot alike in our answers. Did you read about the blog parade, it has some fun questions too :)

Thena said...

I think were all so ready for Spring. This seems to be the longset coldest winter I have ever seen in Georgia.

Joyce said...

I love American Pie...my mother never wanted us to play it because she said it was sacrilegious. We tried to tell her it was about Buddy Holly and lost innocence but she wasn't convinced.

I think the whole country is ready for spring. Still a foot or more of snow on the ground here so it's gonna be a long time coming.

Have a great day!

Kathy said...

I always wondered what American Pie was about...then years later I found out. Crazy song, but I liked it! I love your blog design--so festive...Kathy

Survivormama said...

I am so so so Ready for Sring! It is coming soon...I hope! I love the song video, very cool...thanks for sharing and have a great day! God bless and Happy Blogging!

Nel said...

Enjoyed your answers. But boy do I feel old. I was listening to American Pie when I was in high school...lolol. Wow snowing in Tennessee. The sun was shining in Missouri today and up to 49 degrees. Love your background! Thanks for sharing.

until next time... nel

Jerralea said...

Yes, I feel old, too. I remember hearing American Pie in high school!

We are definitely ready for Spring in my part of the country also.