Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Blissfully Happy

So I was just thinking…Am I where I thought I would be today in life?

We were all young, foot-loose and fancy-free, at some point.  Some, a long time ago and some of us, just yesterday.  So am I where I thought I would be? 

I always knew I wanted to be married and a mother at some point.  Mostly, I pictured my self as a high-powered attorney, fighting the toughest court cases and of course, winning.  A corner office in a high-rise with a beautiful view of the city. 

Instead, I fell in love and life happened, babies came and now I work in a church office as a ministry assistant.  I have an office, not in a high rise with a view of the city, but a cute little room in the middle of our church and there are no big cases that I have to argue over, unless it’s about where to eat lunch .

Family situations are hard and I never thought we would endure things we have.  Broken dryers, flat tires and unexpected bills are inevitable.  All in all, we are in good shape

Laughing with the kids, playing games, enduring through tough teenage drama.  It’s the little things to be thankful  for.

Last night, I woke up and my husband and I carried on a conversation at 1:30 in the morning until we fell asleep again.  This morning, he drove me to work, just because, no other reason.  We share a special bond and a deep love.  We do fuss at times, but for the most part, it’s over silly stuff and nothing life shattering.

Life is good and I am blissfully happy. 

So are you where you thought you would be?

6 Comments:

Survivormama said...

I love that you shared this! I am not sure I ever thought to myself where will i be in 2010...but I am where God has me and that is just fine and dandy with me...God bless and thanks again!

Melissa's Thoughts said...

I just love you and the hubby. You both are so special to me. :) Am I where I thought I would be? Nope, but I'm right where God knew I would be. And I think he is trying to push me out of this place. Ha He said, Melissa, I brought you here, but I won't keep you here.

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

I think I am, I would have thought I would have my degree and be a child psychologist by now, but I guess being a parent is being a child psychologist right :)

Jeanette said...

Thankfully no! I remember writing in my Senior book that my goal for 10 years after high school was that I would live in NYC as a corporate secretary and have 4 kids!! I am so glad God had other ideas :}

Penny said...

I thought I'd be somewhere else, I think, but I don't think I imagined I'd ever be this happy. =)

Greg C said...

Yes life is good BFF. I am so thankful for people like you.