Friday, March 19, 2010

First Date-FF

This week’s Flashback is about first dates and the prompts are…

When was your first date? You can choose either your first date ever or your first date with your spouse - or both! How old were you? What did you do/where did you go? Did anything memorable - either good or embarrassing? If it was your first date ever, did you continue to date that person? If so, how long? If you are sharing the story of the first date with the person you married, did you know he/she was "the one" or did it take a longer for love to bloom? Any other memories you wish to share about those wonderfully awkward first dates?!

Wow, where to begin.  I guess you can say that my first official date was with my husband.  I have racked my brain and I honestly never remember going out on an official date with a guy, until Jeremy. 

I know that we were at least 16 years old, but I can’t remember if we went on our first date in the 11th or the 12th grade.  I guess that’s bad of me not to remember, but I can’t even remember what I had for breakfast!  HA!

There was no really set thing we planned on doing.  We went to four different restaurants before we finally settled down at one.  It was a Mexican place named Cuco’s and it became one of our favorite places to eat!  We sat there at that restaurant for what seemed like hours just talking.  After that, there really was not much else to do before I needed to be home, so he took me home and we sat in my kitchen and talked more.  Nothing awkward, it was basically perfect…AWWW!

Jeremy was very serious about our relationship and me, not so much sold over the top ready for marriage, like he was.  I think I always knew we would be together, but needed a little time to figure that out on my own.  But, 21 years later (give or take) and almost 19 years of marriage, I’ll have to say, we are still completely in love!  Again, awwwwww!!

If you want to join in, hop over to Linda’s and tell us about your first date!

4 Comments:

Skoots1moM said...

I can’t even remember what I had for breakfast EITHER! so glad I'm not alone :)

Mexican food is great food to date over...easy talking, easy eating.

Just talking means SO MUCH, doesn't it?!!!

Figuring things out on my own was the reason I didn't accept hubby's first proposal...I needed more time from having come off another relationship
Thx 4 sharing...
If you want to join in, hop over to Linda’s and tell us about your first date!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing. It is so encouraging to hear of marriages that are going the distance.

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

awwww, I don't even remember my first date date???

Kim said...

High school sweethearts -- awwww! :-)

A man who will talk AND listen is a keeper! LOL