Friday, March 12, 2010

Friday Flashback

Welcome to the debut week of Mocha with Linda’s      Flashback Friday!

This new meme's purpose is to have us take a look back and share about a specific time or event in our lives. It will be fun to see how similar - or different - our experiences have been!

The question I choose to flashback with is, how old were you when you got your first car and what was it? 

I was 15 and begged my dad to buy me a Chevy Chevette….an orange one.  What was I thinking?  I can tell you, apparently  I wasn’t thinking, at all!  I just wanted a car, any car and I would be 16 soon and I needed a car.  He granted me my wish!  Here is a picture of one, trust me, mine never looked as good as this one, ever!  HA!

Mine looked more like this one…

But I was in love with it, at first.  Then I started driving it to school.   Oh the fun me and my friends had keeping this thing rolling!!  The more I drove it the more things would break or fall apart.  The poor little thing shook so bad that we held the radio button steady so it would not shake off the station.  I always carried around gallons of water so we could fill up the radiator and parked on any kind of incline so I could pop the clutch when I was ready to leave, or I had to having someone give me a push!! 

Good times!

If you would like to join in, pop over to Mocha with Linda.

12 Comments:

Robin Lambright said...

Oh the memories our first car have stirred up.

Very cute car, my mom had an orange dodge dart(back in the dark ages), and trust me it was anything but cute.

Have a great weekend!
R

Mocha with Linda said...

Wow - I'm loving reading everyone's stories! Fun times!

SusanD said...

Great story. Thanks so much for sharing. Have a great weekend. Blessings, SusanD

Polzic said...

Hello, you have a very nice blog!

Please visit mine

www.legosargentina.blogspot.com

Thanx

Thena said...

Oh wow a chevette. I remember them. I had a good friend that I worked with and we had went to a concert and came back to her chevette. It had a flat and we learned how to change a tire that night.

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

LOL, I thought carrying around water in your trunk in HS was the norm ;)

Barbara H. said...

What fun fond memories!

Kim said...

Oh the memories! We've had cars like that. A Vega that my husband spent every Saturday working on so it would run another week. LOL

What's with the orange though? Several of the FF folks had orange cars!

sara said...

I am surprised how many people's first cars were orange!

loved the story!

Jeanette said...

Sadly, my first car was a red Ford Pinto. It looked much like yours and was true to its name!

F - fix
O - or
R - repair
D - daily

or

F - found
O - on
R - road
D - dead

I was in college and it cost me $900.

Nel said...

What a fun story! My cuz had a chevette, and what fun times we had.

until next time... nel

Jules said...

Just returning your Friday Flashback visit.

Thanks for visiting.:)