Thursday, March 25, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Thankful Thursday

“ To live is so startling it leaves little time for anything else.” ~Emily Dickerson

While reading through some blogs today I came across this quote and to me, it is really thought provoking,  Yea, even I can be moved by something thought provoking!  HA!

I am so thankful for my life.  I know that I can get so caught up with daily mishaps, disappointments and if I dare, politics and the unsettling lightening speed that our country is heading to “hell in a hand basket”.  (did I just say that?)  Forgive me.  Ahem, my point is, living is everything.

I live for my Lord and Savior, my husband, my children.  Making a life, going to the grocery store, work, and I could go on and on.  When I read the above quote and sat there and thought about it, I was startled!  For me, it puts things in perspective.  What else is there?

Today, I am thankful for life and all that comes with it.  The good and the bad, and today I am clinging to this verse:

Rejoice in the Lord always:  and again I say, Rejoice.  Philippians 4:4

3 Comments:

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

Amen girl, I love that quote :)

Journaling Gina said...

Agreed....love the quote!

Greg C said...

Thanks for joining us this week BFF. I love the quote too.