Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Prison Laundry Room Would Of Been More Fun

Our washer quit spinning, bit the dust, sadly it’s being retired to washer heaven.  I think Hubby is done fixing it and since lately he does the laundry, has decided to retire it.  Even though I would love to spend the cash on something fun, I am not complaining, I hate doing laundry and since he is the Grand Puba of the laundry room, it’s his call.

After spending our morning at this lovely establishment, I am not going to argue with him…

DSCN0005

I think prison laundry rooms are a step up from this joint.  Check these out and you’ll agree.  At one point in my picture taking this fella look at me like, “you take my picture and I will Kill You!”  I think he is on the run from the law.  The others in there were looking at me like I was crazy, so I quickly snap a few and quit.

DSCN0004SDC11954

After we sunk $4 bucks in this machine and it didn’t turn on, we opened it and then we really didn’t get our money back.  After that we saw this sign.

DSCN0002

There is $30 some odd bucks rolling around there.

SDC11952

After sinking in over $30 bucks (we lost count after $32.75) and seven loads of laundry, I was a happy camper to be leaving.  I would not wish this on my worse enemy.  The up-side…it’s nice to wash seven loads of laundry in under an hour.

6 Comments:

Unknown said...

Yikes! You are a better woman than me. Think I would have called a friend and asked to borrow her washer and dryer before going to the dreaded laundromat. That's one scary place.

Annette said...

HaHa!!! That's soooo funny...sorry boogies:(

Robin Lambright said...

Oh my stars...

I've had my days at many a laundromat, in fact when I was in high school we lived in an apartment complex that did not have washer and dryers and we had to make the weekly trek down to the laundromat on a regular basis, Ours wasn't much better...

Blessings
R

sara said...

oh how I hate the laundromat!!!

btw, love your new design!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh. My. Goodness. Reminds me of an apartment complex I lived in in college, but it only had 3 of each machine. It was dark & dingy. Poor things, I'm glad to hear you'll be getting a new one!! No more laundromat for you!! <<>>>

Sarah said...

I had to do laundry at a laundry mat through 2 children....3 years of dirty washers and creepy people. When I look back, I wonder how I did it for that long! At one point, my baby somehow found feces on the floor and ate it....yes. True story.
Did I mention that I love your post because I cannot stand laundry mats? ;-)