Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Running Late With My RD

I am running a tad late with my Random Dozen today, but I finally got it done!

1. Do you use the labels various charities send you as “free gifts?”

Sometimes, If they send them, I don’t want to waste them, I feel that they should be used!  Half of the time our road name is spelled wrong anyways, so they are useless! 

2. What is your favorite time of day (or night) for skywatching?

Night.  I am fascinated by the stars.

3. What is the most adventurous you've ever been with trying a new food? (Keep it G-rated please)

Every time I go to McDonalds I say a prayer before I eat.  Have you seen the teenagers they hire to fry the fires??

4. Have you ever heard a rock sing? (Trust me, there's a reason for this one!)

Yes.  We live in Tennessee and when it rains very hard, the water moves the rocks down the branch.  It is the most beautiful sound.  Also this year while we were in the Dominican on our mission trip we went to a beach where there were rocks instead of sand.  When the waves broke, you could hear the rock rolling in the waves…beautiful!

5. If you could learn a language you don't presently speak, what would it be?

Spanish.  I want to be able to communicate to the people that we work with in the Dominican without an interpreter.

6. Al Capone's tombstone read, “My Jesus, Mercy.” If you could write your own epitaph, what would it say?

Oh my goodness, this is the question for me!!  You need to read more about my funeral, here & here.  But on my cat shaped tombstone, it will say “God was missing an angel, so He called her home.”

7. If you were a famous musician who was known by one name, like “Cher,” “Sting,” or “Jewel,” what would it be? It doesn’t have to be your first name, but it can be, if you’d like.

Wow, I have drawn a complete blank.  I have no idea…

8. Have you ever been inordinately “into” a television show?

Which one am I not into?  HA!  I love Lost.  Enough said!  Reality shows, Survivor and Big Brother, hands down…and Amazing Race. 

9. When you sneeze, do you go big, or do you do that weird “heenh!” sound that makes people think you’re going to blow your brains out? Any other variation we should know about?

A big ‘ol Aaaaa-Chooo are my favorites but usually they are like some kind of weird,  aaaaaH-Ceww.

10. Do you still read an actual newspaper that you hold in your hands, or do you get your news elsewhere?

Every once in a while I will get a wild hair and buy a paper, but usually I read the news over the net.

11. Are you a good speller?

NO!  I spell so bad that spell check can’t recognize my words!

12. At what time each day do you start thinking about Lost lunch?

Each day when I get to work, Wes (my co-worker) comes to my office to have the lunch talk.  So usually about 9am-ish.

5 Comments:

Robin Lambright said...

Bad spellerz unite!

What would we do with out spell check????

R

Anonymous said...

LOL... I was truly wondering what the rock singing thing was all about. I hope to hear it someday. Lunch was always more fun when i was working... we'd start talking about it early. LOL. Hope you're doing well. How is the bible reading?

Nel said...

Enjoyed your answers! Someone shared the idea of cutting the address part off and saving the cutesy part for the kids. I love your epitaph. That is so neat!

Until next time... nel

Robin said...

You've had the best answer about singing rocks I've read. I enjoyed your answers.

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

ahahahahaha at McDonalds, that is so true. Did you read mine, I need an Epitaph and your better at writing them ;)