Friday, February 19, 2010

Goat Ministry

I have been up since 3:30am and I laid in the bed, tossed and turned, prayed some and finally gave up and got up.  My mind is reeling with thoughts of our up-coming mission trip to the Dominican and I am discourage a bit, optimistic some, and totally confused on this calling.  I keep asking myself is this is a God thing or a Patrice thing.  I asked God to make this clear to me, make His presence known to me where I will not longer question this anymore and more forward.

For those who have followed my blog for  while, you will know of my prior mission trips to the Dominican Republic and last year while being there I felt a calling to start a goat ministry.  You can read about it here.  It would take a small army to get this up and going and I lack the confidence right now to see it come to fruition.  Each turn along the way has been an uphill battle from trying to get a hold of our contacts in the DR to finding quality goats in the DR.

Yesterday I finally got a hold of someone that I found in the Dominican and was again optimistic on this is going to happen.  Now I am awake in the middle of the night, not being able to see the forest for the trees.   There is so much to consider, from the cost of the goats to the long term care of the goats when we leave.  Not being there, able to talk with some in the community that we will be working with, not knowing the dedication of those that we will be teaching and then entrusting the care of goats to those there.  It leaves big questions and very little answers. 

Again, is this something that we should be embarking on?  I am very confused, again very discourage and am lacking direction on where to go from here.  I am asking for y’all to pray for me, for this ministry, the trip and direction.

5 Comments:

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

Praying for you. It will all work out. I have those Spanish books sitting on my counter, I will try to get them out in the mail today :)

Melissa's Thoughts said...

Like I told you Wednesday, God doesn't call the equipped, He equips the called. You be willing to do your part and leave the details to God. Maybe your job was to plant the seed, but maybe your job is to harvest the crops. Be still.

Shannon said...

thankyou for sharing your life, i will be praying for your goat ministry...God speed and God Bless..i am a mother of 4 and also a child of The King..so i guess we have something in common...May God' face shine upon you...

Jeanette said...

Thank you for updating us! I have been wondering how things were going. I'll be praying for you darlin'...

Robin Lambright said...

Isn't it amazing how much damage out thought life can cause. The internal dialog that we have in our head can be most often our biggest distraction to God's plan. I know that is true for myself.

God's word will alway confirm or halt plans with either a heavenly yes or no or maybe even wait!

...so exactly how much does the average goat cost???