Sunday, February 14, 2010

90 Day Bible Journey, Week 3

Well, we are at the beginning of week three on our Journey…how are you doing? 

I have been hanging in there, I did get behind, but had a Bible reading marathon today (Sunday) and after tonight I hope be on schedule!

For those that do not have a participants guide, I want to share something out of that guide with you…

A young man asked God how long a millions years was to him.  God replied, “A million years to me is just like a single second in your time.”

Then the young man asked God what a million dollars was to him.  God replied, “A million dollars to me is just like a single penny to you.”

Then the young man got his courage up and asked, “God, could I have one of your pennies?”  God replied, “Certainly, just wait one second.”

God perceives time differently than we do.  Not only that, but God gives us time.  So as some of us struggle to read in our Bible daily, we may question whether we really have the time to read the Bible in 90 days.

For most of us, I suspect God’s answer to us would be, “Absolutely; I give you 24 hours each day.”  The question is not really whether or not we have the time, but how we choose to use it.

With that in mind, answer the following questions about your reading last week:

1. Are you reading the Bible instead of other things in your life or in addition to other things?

2.  If you are struggling with your  reading,  are there activities that you can replace with Bible reading rather than reading in addition to your current activities?  What activities can you eliminate?

3.  What advice can others reading with us give to those still trying to find their Bible reading rhythm?

I will tell you that I have replaced many activities that I normally do.  I am a huge TV and computer junkie and with reading my Bible in 90 days, I had to cut some of that out.  I have relied heavily on my DVR this week and some shows I have cut out all together.  Simply do not have the time.

I joke at work when we talk about what the shows that are watched the night before, that I didn't get to watch  “because I had to read my Bible!”  Priorities, I keep telling myself…I can do it!  If you are struggling, hang in there.  I also got behind and had a marathon of reading today.  Do what it takes to make the time.  You will be so proud of yourself when it’s all said and done!  You can do it!

Here are the verses for the week:

Monday:  Deuteronomy 23:12 through Deuteronomy 34:12

Tuesday:  Joshua 1:1 through Joshua 14:15

Wednesday:  Joshua 15:1 through Judges 3:27

Thursday:  Judges 3:28 through Judges 15:12

Friday:  Judges 15:13 through 1 Samuel 2:29

Saturday:  1 Samuel 2:30 through  1 Samuel 15:35

Sunday:  1 Samuel 16:1 through 1 Samuel 28:19

4 Comments:

Robin Lambright said...

You go girl!

It is so very true about our time and how we choose to use it.

Keep up the great work, God will be faithful to your efforts.

Blessings
R

Kris Hughes said...

I'm 3 chapters behind...but I'm off today so I will catch up and hopefully get a few chapters ahead to help with the busy week. God has been amazing in the way that he has "provided" time for me to read! Thanks for your words of encouragement!

Skoots1moM said...

thanks for doing this...it inspired me to start too!

Skoots1moM said...

took me a little over an hour to get the first reading done...woo hoo...and it included some things we had touched on in our last Bible class...coincidence? I don't think so :)