Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I Rebuke Thee Devil!

Yep, you guessed it, this is a soapbox moment! Wow, what a time we are having, so are you ready for me to rant? Surely not, you are just being extremely nice and are going to read this because, well, it is better me than you right?

Oh well, the joke is, the devil is not to happy with things that are going on with our household, so what happens when you are doing God's will? The devil does not like it and wants it to STOP! Here are a few things that he has been throwing our way:
  • Crash (Hubby) wrecks his truck
  • Medical insurance dragging their heels with sending us $900
  • My son wrecks his truck
  • Microwaves breaks
  • Refrigerator stops cooling
  • Washer machine decides to not turn off the water (flood)
  • Water pipes are frozen
  • Higgins decided it's fun to roll in horse poo when pipes are frozen

I think you get the just! This morning riding to work, I decided that I would have a little conversation with the devil! Yep, went something like this...

Devil, you win, you made life tough lately, but guess what, you really have not won at all!! Nice try with the Hubby's truck, but it's up and running again!

The microwave is a little aggravating, but we still have the old fashion way of heating things up and making tea, it's called the STOVE. A little time consuming, but hey, we have the time!

The refrigerator not cooling, but hey, the weather is cold enough, so my milk is still cold, OUTSIDE! Ha!

I give you the washer, well, because the water pipes are frozen!

You think your funny tempting Higgins with horse poo! Jokes on you, we have thousands of baby wipes, so you lost here too!

Oh, by the way, you know that Dominican Mission trip you do not want to see me going on, Ha jokes on you, not only am I going so is Hubby!! Ha!

Devil, GO AWAY!

4 Comments:

Kelly said...

Amen! GO AWAY! If you resist the devil and tell him to flee, he must flee. Bye bye!

Annette said...

You Go Girl.....Proud you are rebuking the devil..

Luvvies

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

I have a friend who said her nickname should be "The Great Rebuker." You just keep at it. Bless you, sweet friend.

Greg C said...

Way to go Patrice. You tell him. He is like the wicked witch in the wizard of Oz. Go away, you have no power here. Be gone before someone drops a house on you. :)