Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day


Ahhhhh, it's February 14th and that time of year comes around again when people are scrambling to buy chocolate and goodies for their loved ones. There are men standing in lines to buy flowers and cards to give to their significant other. Restaurants are preparing for huge crowds of folks that wait in line for hours so they can have a romantic meal. The prices of above said items can be so outragously priced that it can make your wallet smoke!

Not me! Nope I am not a Valentine's Day kinda of girl! Wow, is my Hubby one lucky guy!!

Don't get me wrong I love all the cute hearts and the beautiful bouquet of flowers and I especially love to get a mushy card with ooey gooey, luvie duvie, sweet things written in it. I most certainly love a romantic meal out on the town or at home and it is just the two of us. Just not on the day that everyone else is getting it too!

I want to be special and not just loved on February 14th but loved each day of the year. I want my flowers and all that romantic stuff to come to me on a day that no one eles is getting the same thing. I want to be special on a day all by myself!!

I hold no ill will to those that love Valentine's day and can't wait for their loved one to get home with the flowers and such. Trust me I am sure my Hubby will do something romantic and maybe a card or flowers or even maybe chocolate and I will love what ever he does. He know if he does or does not come home with something he is fine either way. Really I am not much a Grinch, I do have a heart!

So enjoy Valentine's Day and whatever come with it.

7 Comments:

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

Amen. Brad bought me a candle and I am happy with that. I would rather go out when there are not crowds and we can enjoy ourselves:)

Kelly said...

Happy Day! I'd rather be shown love every day than once a yr. But I don't mind the box of Godiva chocolates I got...and if I got them every day I'd be as big as a house!

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

What happened to the post with higgins is his cute sweater. And where is the video from the retreat, I neeeed to see it:) hehehe

Jeanette said...

I'm with you girl. My DH and I went out last night to Old Chicago and went straight home. It has been a long week and we were tired. Beside's my DH says that everyday is Valentine's dad at our house :}

Anonymous said...

Well, I LOVE VAlentine's Day! This year we did not have much money to do much so we planned to just make each other cards. Well, our friends asked us over for a valentine's Day dinner at their house. So, about 6 couples got together and we have prime rib, shrimp pasta, crab cakes, a bunch of side dishes, chocolate cake, choc. covered Strawberries, cupcakes, coconut cake, and lots more!!! It was so much fun and would love to do that every year! We even had roses all over the place. It was really really nice. I enjoyed it!

Anonymous said...

Sorry the above message about V-Day dinner at home was from me....Stacey!

Darla said...

i'm with you on that...my husband and i always seem to do our own thing in our own way and never do the 'standard' celebrations...he knows i love him and i know he loves me and we show each other year round. so, i totally understand where your coming from!