Thursday, September 22, 2011

LOST, Pinterest Style

Okay, I love LOST and when it was on we watched it every episode, with bated breath.  It’s over, with a disappointing end.  I would have totally wrote the ending different if I were the writers of LOST.  But I am poor, so therefore not one of the writers for LOST, cause I would be a super rich kabillionaire if I were one of the said writers.  Sigh.

Anyways….Pinterest is my new LOST.  I can’t wait to get on there everyday, several times a day and see what my friends have pinned.  I also, dare I say, pin my little fingers to the bones as well.   I have been busy pinning everything from yummy food that I want to make to decorating ideas. 

One of the things that seems to happen is I get so super excited about things I pin, that I want them….all of them.  Sadly, our bank account sings a different tune.  So what has happened??  I pulled out the trusty glue gun, sewing machine and other crafty tools that I own and it currently looks like Hobby Lobby has exploded in my kitchen.  Oh and it also looks like Panera Bread has exploded as well because of the broccoli cheese soup that I made today.   Such a bad idea on my part, I will be scrubbing blended soup for decades off my counters and cabinets.  Back on subject!!

Here are a few things that I am  attempting to make making because of Pinterest.

Crafts….

So far, the wreath was a big hit…I have already made one for my front door, which I posted about it here, along with two more.  I am super impressed with the way they turned out. 

IMG_5190_thumb[1]IMG_5267  IMG_5310

The next thing I have been tackling is pumpkins.  The velvet pumpkins I found online are VERY pricey.  So I made one for myself, but went one step further and made fabric leaves to go with it as well.  I am pretty happy with the way it turned out, even though it was smaller than it should be (because of technical issues with me, directions and a sewing machine) but it is super cutie patootie in this basket with the equally cutie patootie mice that I also found online.  Geeze.

IMG_5324 IMG_5326 IMG_5327   IMG_5330

Then there is the food…ahhhh, the yummy in my tummy food! 

So far only the potato with an egg in it, is soooo super yummy!  Our middle child, who’s diet consists of Dr. Pepper, meat and potatoes actually loved it.  The zucchini fries and the soup needed some tweaking but could be a equally as yummy if I ever try to make them again.

I will warn you, if you have not found Pinterest yet, be prepared for a time sucking experience (just like LOST)!  Once you get on, hours will pass before you realize it, but with a much better ending…I hope!  :o)

Oh yeah, I will be back soon with pictures from my 30 day photography challenge. (Which I also found on Pinterest…HA!)

1 Comments:

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

I love the little pumpkin with the mice. So cute. I have a lot of food pinned that I am going to start making, especially all the fall goodies.