Sunday, July 18, 2010

To Much To Wrap My Brain Around…So You Get Randomness!

I have tried several time to write the second part of Goats…Goats…Goats, but I just can’t seem to get what is in my head, out.  Every time I try, there are just to many words.  Again, I try, but nothing I type is profound enough to explain what I feel or what is happening there in the Dominican.  So I have not posted anything.  This afternoon, instead of letting my blog waste away, I thought I would share a few random things with you.

We have this oasis of nothing-ness that is called our back yard flower bed.  I am not the creative gardener and after  all the hard work in the front flower bed this year and completing it,  all the creative genius left us.  One day while at the garden department at Wally’s they had discounted bulbs, so we thought, why not?!  Hubby and Bradley set out to randomly plant these suckers and hope that maybe something might pop up.  Well to our surprise things have been making their appearance and look what God’s beautiful handy work  showed up…

DSCN1080

Next random subject…look what I made…

DSCN1070

Let me introduce my wheat free, potato free and any kind of latex free pizza crust!!  Yay me!  I would say one thing I miss the most about having this crazy allergy is bread of any kind.  Pizza is an all time favorite of mine and if I had too, I could eat it three times a day.  Needless to say, it’s been tough not having it.  Saturday night was homemade pizza night.  While the family went hog wild with the usual traditional pizza, I set out on uncharted territory.  The crust could use a little tweaking, but I will get better, but to my surprise my pizza was Y-U-M-M-Y!!  Of course since I can not have tomatoes either, I made it with alfredo sauce, bacon, spinach and mushrooms!!  Yes, I am a little proud!!

Last really random thing?  I want to get creative for some craft ideas for craft projects for the Dominican children of La Cumbre.  When we go back we are wanting to make crafts that use useful hygiene items such as soap, toothpaste and things they will have use for in their homes.  I have found a cute little craft using soap and washrags making a fish that ties into the lesson of Jesus feeding the five thousand.  Do you have anything creative that might help us out??   I have searched the web for anything to make but am coming up short. 

Also, have you heard of flip flops being used to make trucks??  Someone said they are super cute, but I can not find anything about those…

3 Comments:

Ginger said...

Hi, I just hit, next blog and you were the one.....I too am a Christian, raising a boy and a girl, busy and sponsor four compassion children....although I am much amiss in my correspondence with them.

Enjoyed viewing your blog...May God continue to bless you with his grace and mercy, in abundance.

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

What kind of bulb was that, I love that flower.

I sent you some links via FB :)

Anonymous said...

Hi there!
I was trying to get a pizza recipe and found your blog!
I love cooking with my children, especially when we rent apartments Buenos Aires . It's such a funny activity!