Sunday, February 21, 2010

90 Day Bible Journey, Week 4

So how is it going?  Are you hanging in there, pretty much on schedule and reading daily??  If so that’s good…if not, keep it up and try to read a few extra pages day until you can catch up.  I feel that it is most important to make it through the Bible, entirely, than to do it in 90 days!  But, this is a 90 day journey and if you are like me, I want to make it in 90 days!  But if I don’t make it in 90 days and it takes me 120 days, so be it!  I want to accomplish reading the Bible…All The Way Through!!

I fell behind this week in my readings.  For me, reading the Bible in 90 days needs structure for me to make it through.  2 snow days and missing some work, I would of thought I would of had extra time to read and maybe get a little ahead.  Nope, I do better when our kids are on a schedule and me too.  The weather this week threw me off, and therefore, reading got behind.  I am not upset and have a plan in action to read just a few pages extra each night and I am setting aside a lunch hour to read an extra days worth this week. 

So if you fell behind this week or have fell behind and are back on schedule, how do/did you catch up?

How is your perception of the Bible changing as you are doing the daily readings?

What questions evolved from your reading this week?

I guess my main question with my reading this week, was  why so many times did Israel only followed God’s plans, a little bit, only particularly and never fully?  Miracle after miracle, sign after sign, warning after warning they still did not obey.  Hmm, I think I would of been sold in Egypt and would of followed his plans to a T!

Keep up the hard work!!  Hang in there and if you fell a little behind this week as I did and I will be praying for you!!  I will also be praying for those who didn’t fall behind!  As always, encourage those reading along with us.  I think that a little encouragement goes a long way!

Here are the verses for the week:

Monday:  1 Samuel 28:20 through 2 Samuel 12:10

Tuesday:  2 Samuel 12:11 through 2 Samuel 22:18

Wednesday:  2 Samuel 22:19 through 1 Kings 7:37

Thursday:  1 Kings 7:38 through 1 Kings 16:20

Friday:  1 Kings 16:21 through 2 Kings 4:37

Saturday:  2 Kings 4:38 through  2 Kings 15:26

Sunday:  2 Kings 15:27 through 2 Kings 25:30

4 Comments:

Skoots1moM said...

working to catch up

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

I am 1/2 a week behind, but still reading everyday. I also bought a book called "What The Bible Is All About" @ Lifeway and I am reading that after each chapter :) By the way have you seen the sales they are having at Lifeway right not.....awesome.

Shannnon @Faith Hope and Love said...

I did that reading plan last year...I did it all except for the last 2 weeks...wish i would have finished...it was great..just alot to absorb so quickly...I am taking it easy and starting from the beginning again...Good luck to you all!

Kris Hughes said...

I love how you said, " I am not getting upset and I have a plan of action". That was an encouragment to me! ;)