Sunday, August 1, 2010

Wrapping Up The Weekend

Friday our oldest turned 18 years old.  My baby is an adult.   It is so hard to believe that just a short 18 years ago we held him in our arms for the very first time and began the journey of parenthood.  A  little party at home with homemade seafood alfreado and cake to boot, he is now ready for  his grand performance of adulthood!  Woo hoo!!  Just a short 26 days and he will be an official college student.  Geeze, we are getting old!!

So what other exciting things happened this weekend?  Zip, not a thing.   It has been so  long since I have had a weekend with nothing to do, that I was giddy with pure boredom!!   I managed to take a nap, both Saturday and today, make a yummy gluten free, wheat free and latex free pancake breakfast, which by the way,  was surprisingly yum-o.  I did however do a couple of productive things this weekend.  Higgins got a bath and a few loads of laundry did get done!!

Here’s to a wonderful non-productive weekend that is quickly coming to an end!!  So what fun and exciting things did you do this weekend?

3 Comments:

BARBIE said...

Happy 18th to your son! I remember the day our eldest turned 18. They grow up so fast. Have a fabulous week!

Melody said...

I just happened across your blog and I wanted to say that I think your background is beautiful.

H-Mama said...

Awwww... Happy birthday to your 'baby boy'. :)