Wednesday, August 11, 2010

It’s Random Dozen Time!!

It’s backkkkkk…Random Dozen time!!

1. When was the last time you laughed until you cried?

Oh my, I am not sure…I laugh all the time and usually cry or  shed a tear each time!!  I am surrounded by funny people from the guys I work with everyday to my kids and hubby!  I am surrounded by laughter all the time.

2. If you found $10 today, what would you do with it?

I would splurge and have a McDonald’s Mocha Frap and drop the change in my Dominican jar.

3. Do you volunteer anywhere?

Not right now but soon I see myself volunteering with a project through our church.  Our church is busting with missions and there are some opportunities coming soon to do around our town.

4. What is your favorite summertime veggie or fruit, and how do you eat it?

Summer Squash!  Yummy!  I love to cut it up and sauté it with a little butter, salt & pepper!!

5. Is your social sphere (circle of friends) small, medium or large?

Geeze I don’t know.  I guess a medium social sphere…that’s a hard one to answer!!

6. When was the last time you attended a family or school reunion? How did that go?

Not in a long time.  The closest thing to a family reunion was our son’s graduation this past May.

We did just have our 20 year class reunion last weekend, but we had way to much going on to take the time to go home to attend.  We were a little sad to miss it.

7. When you're feeling blue, what is the best way someone can cheer you up?

I was having one of those days yesterday!  I have the best co-workers ever and Becky, our newest office member (bless her heart) has been a God send!!  My hubby joined us for lunch and we sat around the conference room table and talked about what was going on.  Sometimes just having the advice and encouragement from those who love you is the best cheering up medication around!!  Also, I have to mention that I have the best sis-in-law!!  She can read around my random thoughts and knows to call me.   She listens and then offers her specialty, “Do you need me to take care of it” attitude!!  Make me smile!!

8. Have you taken a vacation this summer?

Unfortunately no.  We were planning on going to Florida for our class reunion and some vacay time, but we didn’t.  With the mission trip, college orientation and then college move in day for our son, our time and energy are running short.

9. What is the most unnecessary item you carry with you all the time?

My husband would say my Blackberry.  (I really think he is jealous of it!)   I would say….my weight!  HA!!  It’s so unnecessary!!

10. What is the best summer flick you have seen so far?

I think I live a boring life, but I have yet to see a summer flick!!  So sad, but I have been too super busy!!

11. Describe a perfect summer day.

A gentle breeze, breaking waves and a hammock for two on a private island with me and my hubby!!

12. Please a share a favorite photo from the summer so far!

flower

I took this from our back yard flower bed.  I love it!!

8 Comments:

Kara With a K said...

That photo is gorgeous!!! I love beautiful flowers, but unfortunately we have had a terrible time keeping our garden alive and beautiful. It was so much prettier in April and May.

Love your answer to #9, wish I had thought of it.

Thena said...

Your #11 sounds wonderful. Just to get away from everything and everyone for a little while.

Mocha with Linda said...

Oh my, that is an exquisite picture!

sara said...

love the picture....looks professional!!!

#11.....perfect!!!!

Dapoppins said...

Beautiful Bloom!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Loved your list....hope to get back to doing it next week....


Hope you will stop by for a visit...I am giving away lots of GIFTS this week on both blogs....to celebrate
http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com/

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

aww you love me ;) I Love you too. I'm glad random dozen is back I will have to try to catch it next week.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

#7 was such a thoughtful answer. It reminded me to bless my co-workers if I can. And that last photo is completely gorgeous.