Sunday, August 17, 2008

Ramblings....

It's been a long weekend of mostly nothing happening. I say that like we have totally exciting weekends after the other, but in reality, not much goes on. most weekends. Jeremy did have the weekend off, so that was nice.

Saturday started off with hauling goats to Opossum Holler, the local sales barn. Since gas went sky high our feed bill has went through the roof. Our solution was to take off some goats, to reduce the feed bill and hopefully make some cash to boot. WRONG!! Prices were way down, but we sold eight of the goats anyways. Ughh, I hate getting rid of them, but it is a sacrifice for the farm, at least that is what I told the load that went away on Saturday morning. I was giving them the martyr speech trying to make them feel better....I am not sure it worked, but I felt better, especially after I left and went off, leaving the dirty deed to Jeremy and the boys!

After that we cleaned some rubbish away from the eggs huts to alleviate anymore unwanted serpents! That's an experience I do not want to deal with again. Snakes and rats are the two things I hate to deal with, both in my book are equally scary, but something about a snake makes you really nervous. After the eggs huts were cleaned and the area around them weeded, all felt better, especially the chickens! Actually we got a few more eggs than usual this weekend, so the snake must of really been chowing down! Goodness!

Today, has been the usually Sunday church day. The choir at our church performed the 3:16 musical, which was totally fantastic! After church we have been kicking it around the house, not doing to much of anything. We did watch Nim's Island, which was really cute.

So that is our weekend in a nut shell, not to much going on, but actually that is a good thing, it's good to just unwind sometimes!

2 Comments:

Jeanette said...

So glad you got some down time! I would love for our church choir to do that performance. Wish I could have been there!!

I told Abby that she looked like something off of Star Wars when I took that crazy picture.

Thanks for stopping by :}

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

What a relaxing time that sounds like... My was about the same but not the weeding and cleaning rubbish. Glad you had more eggs since the big snake is gone. I'm sure the goats took your advice and had a grand ole time at opposum hollar!!!! HeHe

Love you, Annette