Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Middle Children's Day

A day for everything! I ran across a website today where it listed special days of the month and today is Middle Children's Day, a day to celebrate your middle child or children!! Older children and younger children do not have a day, this is special just to them!


So I am going to take this opportunity to talk about Bradley, our middle child!

Bradley was born on January 31, 1994 at 2:31 in the morning, after a very quick labor where we feared that we might not make it to the hospital, Bradley arrived! Bradley loved to wake up every two hours and still loves to make his presence known!

One of my favorite memories of Bradley was when he was around two years old is, when he hated to take naps. He was so afraid that he was going to miss something, but if he missed his nap he was a total bear in the evenings, so naps were a must!! Everyday I would put him down and everyday after a few moments of silence, I would catch him sneaking down the hall with his hands over his eyes. He felt that if he could not see me, then I could not see him, thus resulting in no nap!! To his horror each and everyday I would catch him and send him back to him room where he would eventually fall asleep! So precious!

Another favorite memory of him as a young boy was when he started kindergarten. He was so excited to go to school and would wake up early and talk non-stop all the way to school. In the afternoon when I would pick him up, he would walk out of his classroom and growl...yes, literally growl out loud. We could not speak to him because he would bite our heads off. As soon as we would pull of out the school parking lot, he would fall asleep. After an hour or two of sleeping, he would wake up and talk non-stop again about his day! See how important that nap was when he was a baby!!!

What makes Bradley so special today is that his love of animals is touching and his dog Bandit is the apple of his eye. Bradley also loves anything that involves guns! He has an extensive gun collection and if you ask him what he will do when he grows up, it will involve a career that involves a gun! The most special thing about Bradley is that he loves his mom so much! Of course he may not like to admit that to anyone because that may tarnish that redneck rebel image of his, but he loves me!!

Of course to this day, Bradley needs his sleep or he is grumpy and to bring back one of those special childhood memories, Friday was his first day of high school. When he got home, the scowl on his face told me to ask questions about his first day of high school after he had a nap!!

Happy Middle Children's Day, Bradley....We love you!!

4 Comments:

Jeanette said...

From one middle kiddo to another! Nice to meet Bradley - sounds like a really cool kid. Our oldest used to do the same thing at nap time and to this day is not a great sleeper. Glad Bradley is :}

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention his love of food and the fork that he had to have at all times in case a steak flew past him:)

Anonymous said...

aw, how sweet!! I wish i had known about this day I could have pampered Annette!

Stacey

Anonymous said...

Hi Patrice, so nice to hear from you!!! I found your page a few months back, but lost touch with it there after, but am glad to have you back. I'll put you in my "Blogs I read" section. I can't wait to come and visit TN again this November. Annette doesn't know it yet, but I've already taken the days off for Thanksgiving. :) We'll have to make a visit! Keep in touch!!!