Monday, August 11, 2008

Boring, Weekend Update, New Adventures

Ok, I have not been posting much lately and was told yesterday that I was being boring!! Me boring...NEVER....but in the blogging world, yes, I guess I have been. There has been so much going on that I have not taken time to sit and fill everyone in on things that are going on in our neck of the woods!

First off, WOW, it's nice to have a teenage driver in the house! Did I just say that?? I swore that I was not going to let him drive or get his licence right when he turned 16, I was going to make him wait a few months. Oh me or my, it's so nice to have a teenage driver in the house...oops, I said it again! Anyhoo, it has really saved me...I did not know how much time I was spending driving them around, to everything and everywhere! The house has been really quite also, I never get to be here when the kids are away, because I am always driving them!! Nice!

So what have I been doing with my quite, at home, not driving the kids everywhere time? Well, at first nothing, but then I started going through things that we would no longer use or need and started Ebaying again. So far, cha ching, I'm making money! Whoo hoo!

DJ and Bradley were gone all weekend on a Youth Retreat, so Joey was bored, (no one to fight with). So my weekend consisted of mainly sitting at the computer and shooing off Joey because he was bored and wanted something to do and wanted to go somewhere....anywhere. I have never seen Joey so wide eyed and bushy tailed on a Sunday morning ready for church, I guess the weekend home alone, really got to him!!

Yesterday afternoon, our key group at church had a get together, so I dragged my cuz Annette along with me since her hubby and Jeremy had to work this weekend for some food, fellowship and fun. It was a blast and we really enjoyed ourselves! Thanks choogs, for going!! :)

After that....shall I say......gasp...we went to Wally World on a Sunday evening! The horror!! That place was a crowded mad house and everyone that was in the store was in the school aisle! Those blasted last minute school shoppers! Yep, we were one of them! After fighting the mob in the school aisles, I think everyone made there way to the checkout at the same time, so again another mob at the checkout! Have you ever wondered why Wally's has 40 checkout lanes and only 5 open? I hate that place!!

So why was I there fighting crowds for school supplies, when I home school and I could go during the day with the kids to get their things without the crowds? Well here is the new adventure part in the title...DJ and Bradley have gone to High School!! Yes, the newest members of Cannon County High! Each year, since DJ has been in the 9th grade we have asked him if he wanted to go to high school and each year he has said no, until this year. He felt that he wanted to go thinking that maybe it would prepare him for college a little more. So after much discussion about the subject, we enrolled him! We asked Bradley and he did not want to, which was a little bit of a shock, since he is such the social butterfly. So last Wednesday we went to enroll DJ and Bradley changed his mind. Friday was the first full day, and DJ really enjoyed it, Bradley a tad grumpy, but maybe today will be different! Can't wait for them to get home, so I can grill them about their day!!

I know this post has been all over the place, but I guess since I have been lazy and not posting much lately, I had to cover more!!

2 Comments:

April said...

This was a fun post!!

Anonymous said...

Oh patrice, when has your life been boring??? Shall I say...NEVER! There is alwways something crazy and interesting going on! i always have fun listening to your crazy and funny stories!
I can't believe the boys are in HIGH SCHOOL! YAY! I hope they are liking it.
Love you! Stacey