Tuesday, March 23, 2010

90 Day Bible Journey, Week 8

A day late, but finally!!  I guess the beginning of Spring has knocked me for a loop!  Hmm, that could be a Proverb!  HA!  Speaking of Proverbs, here is a list of some.  Which one is your favorite and why?

The truly righteous man attains life, but he who purses evil goes to his death.  Proverbs 11:19

As a door turns on its hinges, so a sluggard turns on his bed.  Proverbs 26:14

Whoever flatters his neighbor is spreading a net for his feet.  Proverbs 29:5

He who heeds discipline shows the way to life, but whoever ignores correction leads others astray.  Proverbs 1:17

He who brings trouble on his family will inherit only wind, and the fool will be servant to the wise.  Proverbs 11:29

The Righteous One takes note of the house of the wicked and brings the wicked to ruin.  Proverbs 21:12

Better to live in the desert than with a quarrelsome and ill-tempered wife.  Proverbs 21:19

The last one makes me laugh because it reminds me, what I say to my husband and kids all the time…”If mama isn't happy, nobody’s happy!”

Here are the verses for the week:

Monday:  Isaiah 14:1 through Isaiah 28:29

Tuesday:  Isaiah 29:1 through Isaiah 41:18

Wednesday: Isaiah 41:19  through Isaiah 52:12

Thursday:  Isaiah 52:13 through Isaiah 66:18

Friday:  Isaiah 66:19 through Jeremiah 10:13

Saturday:  Jeremiah 10:14 through  Jeremiah 23:8

Sunday:  Jeremiah 23:9 through Jeremiah 33:22

2 Comments:

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

I love the last one, so true :) I am still reading, reading, reading...but alas I am still behind.

Kris Hughes said...

Excited to start Isaiah! Have a good week1