Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sunday Perspective & DR Raffle Push

If you read yesterday’s post, you will know that I have been struggling with a few things.  I wanted to thank you for your prayers and your support, and I will have to say I have the best bloggy friends ever! 

I got the sweetest e-mail this morning.  My e-mails are sent to my cell phone and  I got to church a few minutes early and as I was turning off my cell for church, I checked my e-mail first.  Thanks Robin, I love your “unsolicited thoughts”, and for y’all to know, Robin has e-mailed me before and she is such a sweet lady, and as she puts it “sticking in her opinions” is exactly what I needed to hear this morning.  This was the the sentence that has stuck with me through-out most of the day….

”It has been my experience that when I am in preparation for something that will glorify the Lord, you know who always tries to throw something in my path to distract me from my purpose.” 

Robin, thanks for getting me back on track, and for the record, whenever you feel the need to slip in your opinion or offer unsolicited advice, please do not hesitate!  I know without a shadow of a doubt, the Lord threw you right into my path this morning and you breathed into me a fresh breath of “perspective”!  Thanks!

As many know, last year right before leaving for our mission trip to the DR I had a very difficult situation thrown in my path, one that almost kept me from going,  Literally, I canceled my trip less than 24 hours before leaving, but at the last minute refused to let the devil get the victory.  Again this year, something is thrown into our lives where we were left questioning, should we go, and I know the answer…YES!    Something wonderful is waiting for us on our mission trip.  We are meant to go and to witness to those who do not know our Lord and nothing is going to get in our way of glorify and praising Him with every step, not matter what is thrown in our paths!  Thank you so much my “opinionated bloggy friend” (again her words) for opening my eyes.  I think that sometimes it’s hard to see out of the valley for the huge mountains, but I have the perspective to see the sunrise over those hills! 

With that being said, just when I am writing this post here comes another e-mail with an attachment to a devotion…God is so good!

2 Corinthians 6:3-10 (New International Version)
Paul's Hardships

3 We put no stumbling block in anyone's path, so that our ministry will not be discredited. 4 Rather, as servants of God we commend ourselves in every way: in great endurance; in troubles, hardships and distresses; 5 in beatings, imprisonments and riots; in hard work, sleepless nights and hunger; 6 in purity, understanding, patience and kindness; in the Holy Spirit and in sincere love; 7 in truthful speech and in the power of God; with weapons of righteousness in the right hand and in the left; 8 through glory and dishonor, bad report and good report; genuine, yet regarded as impostors; 9 known, yet regarded as unknown; dying, and yet we live on; beaten, and yet not killed; 10 sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; poor, yet making many rich; having nothing, and yet possessing everything.

Thanks for your prayers and please continue to pray for us over the next month as we prepare to leave for our trip, please pray for strength and wisdom and discernment as we face the trials that we will face preparing for our trip! 

OKAY, raffle time!!  Don’t miss out on this great opportunity to get some good loot!!  If you have just stumbled upon my blog, go here to this post and check it out!  Also grab this button and help me get the word out!!

dominican

 

Thanks!

3 Comments:

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

Great Post Patrice, don't let the evil one sneak into your life, give him the boot. I put your button in my post for tomorrow and I am going to link back to this post as well. Hugs..

Jeanette said...

So glad you are doing better and are not letting the devil get the better of you. The Lord has amazing things waiting for you in DR!!

Blessings dear one :}

Robin Lambright said...

Thank you for the kind words. Having been under attack many times in my life I understand how difficult it can be.

1CO 15:58 Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

All my love and prayers
Robin