Thursday, October 27, 2011

Yeah, I Know…Epic Fail.

I’m alive, just bogged down in life which means blog failure.   I hate it too, really!! 

Today is one of my most favorite days though and made the perfect time to jump back into blogsphere and tell you about it!  WEATHER!!  Yep, today is cloudy, a tad windy, cold front and leaves falling PeRfEcT kind of day!  Well, at least in my book!

I was out side this morning and the leaves falling sounded like rain….Ahhhhhhh.  It is a beautiful sound to me!  Today also bring falling temperatures and I am itching for a fire in the ‘ol fireplace tonight….time will tell!!  Speaking of fireplaces, I finally got my mantel done for fall.  I was totally stumped on what to do until I came across some candle sticks in a local store and viola, here is the results…

IMG_5427 IMG_5431

Simple, but I love it!  The only thing I am wanting to add is banner made from burlap.  I have all the stuff to make it, just have not found the energy or the time!

In other  news, my front porch is bare.  Last week  brought some freezing and frosty temperatures so I lugged in all the plants.  We are making a makeshift green house in our bonus room bathroom and so far, so good!  When we get it all done, I will show you.  We are keeping our fingers crossed that we will be successful! 

While we were outside yesterday afternoon, trying to get the porch back in order from the mass exit of plants, I snapped these pictures of a ton of crazy buzzards flying…

IMG_5437 IMG_5442 IMG_5446   IMG_5455

Kind of an eerie, but beautiful scene all rolled into one!!  So there are a few snip-its from life!  Thanks for hanging in here with me through my absence!  Have a great Fall Day!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

nice post thanks for sharing loves from holland.

Vee said...

I should have said that I was grateful that the turkey vultures have gone south. These sky scenes look very familiar to me.