Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I Love This Time Of Year!

The leaves are starting to change and each day is a new colorful burst of color when we walk outside!  I love experiencing God’s masterpiece of colors in the Fall! 

IMG_5386 IMG_5387 This time next week, the colors should be amazing!

I also love decorating this time of year too!  I have not done too much decorating in the past couple of years, but this year, I decided to pull some things out that I had stored away and once that happened I started to go HOG WILD!   So far, this is what I have accomplished…

IMG_5393 IMG_5394 IMG_5396 

When we went into one of the local antique malls last week, I got two identical small plant stand for a steal of $5 for the pair!  For this shelf I placed some fall leaves and small pumpkins and gourds in it.

  IMG_5399 IMG_5397

IMG_5405

The piano is still a work in progress and I am needing some more little pumpkins or something to brighten it up a little.   I did make this really cute ghost out of cheese cloth and spray starch and I think he turned out so cute!!!

I already posted what I did so far in the kitchen, but here is the shelf again…I love the little mice!!!!

 IMG_5329 IMG_5330 IMG_5328

I still have to tackle the mantel and everything I have done to it so far, I have not liked at all.  There are a lot of cute mantel ideas on other blogs and floating around on Pinterest, so I need to go hunting and find some inspiration!  When I finish it, I post a picture or two and show you what I finally came up with!

2 Comments:

Unknown said...

Did my decor inspire you? Hehe.

P.S. I know those pics of the trees aren't from today since its nasty and raining out. Ugh.

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

looking very cute. I notice no pics of the boys just Higgies ;)