Monday, October 10, 2011

My Green Thumb…Kinda

It’s almost that time of year when all the outside plants will need to find a place to reside inside for the winter.  Me and the hubs have been discussing some window boxes for next year and so I thought it was a perfect time to start spouting some cuttings from my spider plants for said window boxes. 

I really did not want to spend any money on decorative pots, so I rummaged through and made do with some bottles that I had.  I also made this cutie patootie flower vase from a mason jar and candle holder….see it on the right?  All in all, I am thrilled with how my window sill over the kitchen sink looks!  It makes me excited to work on the other window in the kitchen and by Spring, I will have tons of plants to plant in the window boxes outside!  Woot!

IMG_5375 IMG_5376   IMG_5377

2 Comments:

Robin Lambright said...

Love love love the re-purposing! The mason jar/candlestick.... brilliant!

Very nice!

Blessings
R

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

Love it :) I wish I had a window in my kitchen.