Friday, October 7, 2011

It’s A Pumpkin, It’s A Gourd, Nope…It’s a Turkey!?!

A few weeks ago, we found this gourd/pumpkin at the store and I was like “look how cool, it looks like a goose or a turkey”!  The guy that worked at the store said if I had a dollar for each person that said that I’d be rich.  I could not believe that no one had snatched this puppy up, so I felt like I had just won the lottery as I heaved it into my buggy!!  (it’s the little things in life, ya know?)

When I got home I sat it by the front door until I dreamed up something spectacular to do with it.  Higgins was having no part of it.  He thought some alien intrusion had begun.  Poor thing growled and barked himself silly! (The blur in the photo is our poodle Bandit, who thought that Higgins had lost his mind!)

photo

So here is the pumpkin thingie in all it’s glory before its redo!

IMG_5361

I pulled out some leftover paint that I used for our bedroom and gave it a couple of coats of paint.

IMG_5363

Rummaged through some old wreaths and such to make feathers…

 IMG_5364 IMG_5365

Painted his beak orange, gave him two little beady eyes and added a waddle…(at least that is what I think that thing is called.)

IMG_5366

Then plopped him on the fire place!  Meet Clyde, our newest turkey family member!

IMG_5368

I think he turned out so cute.  I can’t wait to buy some little pumpkins to set around him!

5 Comments:

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

So cute. I love it.

Anonymous said...

Such a cute idea!!!

Stacey said...

Love it!!!! You're so artsy fartsy!!!! :):):)

Robin Lambright said...

Oh my stars that is too cute! LOVE IT!

Blessings
R

Olya's Adorables said...

Wow, what a wonderful and unusual pumpkin!

I love your blog!

I opened a new blog about my art toys. Could you check it out? http://olyasadorables.blogspot.com/