Friday, December 31, 2010

A Success

IMG_2502

I tried and I succeeded!   I got all of this for $11.05 and my overall grocery bill at Kroger before coupons was $201.05 and I only spent $109.58, so that is a saving of $91.47!  I could not believe it!

I have been wanting to become a coupon queen for sometime, but was using every excuse not too...you know the ones…it’s too hard, I don’t have the time, that can’t be possible to get things that cheap.  Then a couple of weeks ago, BlogHer contacted me about an opportunity to save money at the Kroger’s & P&G promotions.  I was super excited.  BlogHer along with Kroger sent me a$25 gift card and I did a little bit of research, loaded my Kroger card with a few online coupons and did some clipping from the local newspaper coupons and TaDa,  here are the fruits of my labor.

Let me break down the above picture from left to right…

  • Tampons-after coupon(s) I spent $.19
  • Febreeze Candle-after coupon(s) I spent $-2.01 (oh Yeah, that’s a negative!!)
  • Bounty Paper Towels-after coupon(s) I spent $-.01 (yeah, again that’s a negative!)
  • Febreeze Spray-after coupon(s) I spent $.99
  • Charmin 12 Double Roll pack-after coupon(s) I spent $1.75
  • Pantene Shampoo & Conditioner-after coup0n(s) I spent $3.69 ($1.85 each)
  • Pantene Mousse-after coupon(s)  I spent $4.3o ($2.15 each)
  • Old Spice Body Wash-after coupon(s) I spent nothing!  Yep, it was free!!
  • Old Spice Deodorant-after coupons(s) I spent $2.15

The most exciting thing was I could of got more, I just did not realize how it worked!  Another super awesome thing is my family use all of these products and was in need of everything I purchased. 

There is something to this!  Aside from a  little homework, research and some cutting of coupons, this was a very do-able thing and without using coupons I would of spent $43.70 on those items….I saved $32.65!!!  I am super excited!  Thanks BlogHer and Kroger, I look forward to my new found hobby of saving money at the grocery store!

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

That is amazing....Is BlogHer a website or something? WOW I am inspired to give it a try.

Melissa's Thoughts said...

ok, when do you want to get together so we can have a teaching class. I need to know how to do this and I'm ready to learn.

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

Way to go, now share your knowledge with your sister-n-law ;)