Thursday, December 16, 2010

A Busy 16th…Birthday & Surgery

Today was my hubby’s birthday.  I am almost a year older than him and and I always enjoy the short month that we are the same age.  Of course, I tease endlessly about him getting older!  I might be older, but he acts older with all his aches and aliments!  HA!

We both had to work today, but enjoyed a family lunch at Jim and Nick’s.  Tonight, Jeremy is enjoying his birthday gift of a Frontierville gift card!  In all my years I never thought he would be addicted in love with a computer game, but he is, and we terrorize him a lot about it!

IMG_2286

Today we took our little Pomeranian, Maggie to the vet to have her teeth clean and to have her spayed.  She is 10 years old, but we never had it done because there was never a need to.  The vet said that there was a risk of pyometra.  He didn’t think she had it but it was a risk that she could develop it, so we went ahead and had her fixed too.  When I called to make sure I could pick her this afternoon, I thought it was strange that the nurse had to call me back before giving me the answer.   When I got there the vet told me that we were very lucky that we did not lose her and if she had not had the surgery she would have died within six months because she already had pyometra.  YIKES.  The poor little baby also had five teeth pulled…

She will be on pain meds for three days and a round of antibiotics.  I worry that all three pounds of this little ball of fur is going to have  a rough night.  She does not want to lay in her bed or on her mat, but only in the corner of our kitchen.

IMG_2287

Poor baby!  That pretty much sums up our day of birthday fun and surgery woes!  Until next time….

1 Comments:

BARBIE said...

Happy birthday to your hubby! Too funny about Jeremy's addiction to Frontierville! I have seen endless amounts of Facebook gift cards for games such as those. Oh your poor puppy! I am so thankful she got diagnosed and treated in time. Poor thing!