Monday, December 20, 2010

It’s Not The Weather That’s Frightful….

…It’s the last minute shoppers rushing around to buy for Christmas, namely ME!

The Avenues in Murfreesboro, where I was trying to get all my shopping done at (and the rest of the da-gum continental United States of America), was a mad house.  I did manage to find a parking spot 6.8 miles away from the entrance of Old Navy.  By that point I was distraught.  When I arrived at the doors, I stopped in front of two exit doors.  I stood there looking around for the entrance…and I looked and looked, walked down the store front and still could not find it.  Then, out of the corner of my eye, I noticed a lady that walked into Old Navy….the doors were right by the two exit doors!!!!!  UGH.  As I was getting ready to walk in this other lady (who had to be watching me) laughed at me and proceeded to pull open the exit door and walk in!  I guess I am as dumb as a bag of rocks…even though it said exit, all I had to do was pull it open and walk in….see…

OldNavyFront

I blame it on not going shopping on Black Friday.  Each year I get a huge rush of being at the stores at 3am and usually I am done shopping, or very nearly close to it, by the day end.  I also blame it on my sis-in-law Jenny for not coming to Tennessee at Thanksgiving, because if she would have visited me, we would have shopped until we dropped.  I was just to sad to go without her and her constant whining….. {{{GRIN}}}

At any rate,  by the looks of it, I am sure to lose my mind before I get my shopping done this year!

4 Comments:

Robin Lambright said...

I still have a few things that I need to pick up, little things for muffinhead's stocking. I totally forgot about that in all my shopping so I have to go back out to the store tomorrow or maybe today.

Have a blessed Christmas
R

Jeanette said...

I believe I am done but you never know! We did our grocery shopping yesterday and my hubs joined me. It was MUCH easier with him than without him!! Good luck girl :}

Mary said...

I'll be right there with you! The 2 oldest boys have declared our mall "the lamest mall in the world", so we're headed up to Sevierville tomorrow morning. Pray for me.

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

LOL, hey don't blame that one me ;) We could have finished your shopping when you were here :D

So are you coming down for the after Christmas sales?