Saturday, January 1, 2011

1/1/11 A New Year

I just had to type 1/1/11…no reason really, but it just seemed fun.  It was not all that, but it is January 1, 2011 and it was the thing to do!

There has not been much going on here at our home on this first day of the year.   I did manage to stay up till midnight last night because Annette came over to bring in the New Year playing a game we made up called YaYA.  It is a variation of Yahtezz and we are YaYa Queens!   We love the movie, Divine Secrets of the YaYa Sisterhood and one day will play our game wearing hats made just like the ones they wore in the movie…..HA!

fionnula_flanagan_ya_ya_sisterhood_001  Then all of a sudden Annette started feeling sick and ended her night throwing up and beginning her 2011 with a stomach virus.  Yikes!

After she left my hubby called to say he should be home by midnight.  He was suppose to work until 3am, but he got off early!  He was trying hard to get home by midnight and he almost made it, 2 minutes past midnight, but we kissed and celebrated as thought it was midnight anyways! 

Today we  had the traditional meal of  black eye peas, turnip greens and cornbread so hopefully 2011 will be full of good health and enough money to make ends meet with a little vacay thrown in.  Hubby is working today, so if that is any indication, work will be plenty!

There have been no big resolutions made today.  I could do the regular and say I am going to lose weight, but I think that is setting me up for failure and who wants that for 2011…HA!  I will vow to eat healthier and throw in a little exercise for good measure!

So that pretty much sums up my New Year, hope y’all didn’t fall asleep during this exciting and fun filled blog post!!  I look forward to this year and all that the Lord has in store for our family. 

Happy New Year!!

snoopy-new-year-42686

2 Comments:

Mary said...

We did the black-eyed peas, but no greens or jowls at our house!
Happy New Year!

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

Happy New Year. Did ya get my text of all the good food we had ;)