Monday, January 10, 2011

Snowy Weather Happiness

Well the weather people got it right and we received lots and lots of snow overnight.  I can always tell when there has been snow fall overnight because the early morning light has a certain glow.  This was our view from the front porch this morning looking down the holler.

IMG_2513

As usual the snow brings the dogs much anxiety about having to go out doors and do their morning piddles, so I quickly threw on my hubby’s crocs and headed out in PJ’s to take what turned out to be about a 15 minute walk in the freezing snow.  It was beautiful, but very cold.  I had to laugh at myself when I saw the picture of my morning snow attire!

IMG_2542 IMG_2533

I should invest in some better clothing and some boots, huh??

 

IMG_2526 IMG_2530

Maggie hopped her way through the snow this morning as Higgins investigated the snow from a under the truck!  He really hates the snow!

We spent the day hibernating in front of the TV when I I started to get a little chilly.  I then noticed that the heat was on, but not blowing through the vents.  So Jeremy and Bradley went under the house to see what was causing the problem.  They found a cat inside a a torn down heat duct.  Needless to say, they were not happy campers.  On a happy note they did get it repaired and we have heat again! 

After that, there was a 30 minute laugh fest on my part watching my husband and child chase cats.  At first, I was laughing from inside my  nicely warm home, watching out of the back door as they tried to herd the cats from under the house.  As they would get one cat out another would run back under.  Granted they are getting though a tiny spot in some lattice work,  but they were doing it with effortless ease!  So I laughed hard as one cat was left and my husband stood guard over the tiny hole with a shovel, when out of the corner of my eye I caught a glimpse of a cat running 90 to nothing around the corner through the hole!    At that point I could see my son with a pistol in his hand. 

Before going any further with this post, no cats were harmed in “operation removal of cats 2011”.  So after I removed the gun from my sons hand, we sent Higgins under the house to scare the cats out.  He did a great bit of barking and some growling, but he as well was unsuccessful.  Of course, by that point I was hysterically laughing!

So what comes next when you can’t get cats out of a tiny space under the house?  As any good redneck knows, you bring out shovel handles and duct tape.  After duct taping three long handles together, they were able to herd the cats out and repair the hole!  Either I do not have a life, or this was the most funny thing I have seen in a long time!!

That was our fun day today!  I love how being snowed in, it bring so much fun, family times!!

1 Comments:

Gator said...

Enjoyed the pictures. Loved the snow, beautiful. And your story about the cats cracked me up, I about peed myself. I live in Florida. Apparently we are the onlt state with no snow. Just came from NC to visit family, where there was snow. I see you have a Chihuahua. We just got one while we were on vacation in Orlando a few weeks ago. Never thought we'd get a dog on vacation. She's the sweetest thing too. Your dogs are so cute. I haven't read your blog in quite a while for some reason & first time I wrote you. Thank you for the humor.