Thursday, August 20, 2009

A Random Post Of lots of Little Things

First, I wanted to thank y’all for all your comments on the “Heritage Not Hate Debate”.  It was enlightening to see what everyone had to say on the subject.  As Greg put it, you know how to open a can of worms.  

As parents, our decision is firm on not allowing Bradley to fly the flag.  He is young and just does not understand the repercussions that this could have.  It’s the same old thing I used to say when I was a teenager….”my friends are doing it”, and it’s the same response that I used to hear….”if your friends were jumping off a 10 story building” that we are telling him.  In time, or with age, he will understand why it is inappropriate to fly it and it’s a shame that a flag that used to stand for something has been made into a symbol of hate, but that's life! 

Moving on to less political subjects, well maybe not….are any of y’all attending any Hall meetings on the healthcare debate?  We have one scheduled for the 25th in our county and I would love to hear more….

Really moving on to happy subjects!

Today I had the day off and I as I sit here to write this post, I am still in my PJ’s at 5:38 in the afternoon!!  What a great day!  I have no excuse, other that I just do not want to do a thing (apparently not getting dressed is one of them!).  I even took a two hour nap!  Yay me and yay Higgins, he took one too!  I did manage to cook breakfast and lunch and make a fresh batch of chocolate peanut butter cookies, but besides that I have been totally lazy! 

Since we have been back from our mission trip, I have had a really tough time getting back on a routine of daily life activities.  The week after I was back, I worked for a week, then I took a few days off to head down to Florida, and after that I have been really non-productive outside of work.  I seem to lack energy and motivation.  I am hoping that when we get back into the full swing of school it will help. 

DJ started back to school full time last week.  It’s his senior year of high school and he is so excited, and so are we!!  I can’t believe that we have a senior in high school!  UGH, we are getting old!  HA! 

Bradley and Joey are home schooled and they do not start back until September 14th, which seems like light years away.  I am thinking of getting Joey started back on some little things next week, but Bradley’s classes will not start until the 14th, so really until then not much is going on.  There are no complaints out of Bradley's mouth, but I think Joey is itching to get back into school.

Well I am sure that y’all have fallen asleep of total boredom by now, but one more thing before I let you go to sleep!  HA!

Who is watching Big Brother??  Well we are and we are on the edge of our seats for tonight's show, we are pulling for Jordan and Jeff, what about y’all?

6 Comments:

sara said...

yea for a whole day in your pjs!!! You deserve it!!

I have a senior this year too..ugh! He is my middle child so we have been through this before, but senioritis looks different on a boy than a girl!!

Jeanette said...

I would totally still be in my jammies if I could be :} Hey, making the cookies was work enough!!

We started back on Tuesday and with 1 freshman and 2 sophomores in the house, it has been interesting!

We are loving being back on a schedule though :}

Robin Lambright said...

Love those all day in the pj's days, chocolate peanut butter cookies...omgosh!!!

sounds like a wonderful day.

On the parental front, you are so right. We all pray that one day our children will come to see with mature eyes the reasoning behind the decision we make. Until then we are the bad guys. I for one am still wait for those mature eyes to open...it may be a long wait!

I haven't been to any town hall meetings but there has been lots of chatter on the local talk radio and on FB. (off topic are you on facebook???)

My two cents worth of my usual unsolicited advice, take another PJ day a soon as possible and enjoy the rest of your summer. Life is short and the hustle and bustle of fall will be rolling by before you know it!

Blessing my freind
Robin

Sneaky Momma said...

I am in total agreement with you about the flag. It evokes such powerful emotions in some. Why run the risk of offending someone, especially to the point where they want to do something scary to the offender? Way to put your foot down, Mom! :)

Greg C said...

I could use a PJ day. They had one of those meetings here but it was during the day so I had to work.

Lighthouse Prayer Line said...

Hi Patrice,

Thanks for sharing that with us! We love your
site!! Amen & amen! :)

Hey. If you get the opportunity, would you
mind praying for the prayer requests that are
on our main page?

May the Lord bless you and your family!!

Mark, Lynn, Brooke & Carley Seay
www.LighthousePrayerLine.org

ps - please consider "following" our blog
-or- atleast grab one of our free, linking,
blue buttons. ( see top sidebar at
www.LighthousePrayerLine.org ).

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Visit Us Soon!.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´•