Friday, March 18, 2011

A Bad Night, A Rough Start, Truly Blessed!

I am a bit snarky this morning with a tad of grumpiness to be honest.   I went to bed very late last night, which is no ones fault but my own, but that did set the mood for this morning.  After being asleep for only around 2 hours, I was awakened by a phone call…did I mention it was a sound sleep?   It was the college son.  When our caller ID called out his name, panic, pure panic set in because why on earth would his number be ringing at 3:30 am if there was not something wrong.  It was not a life-shattering emergency, but the terror of  the jolt of panic that the phone call made, it was hard to fall asleep and sleep well for the rest of the night.

Bright and early this morning, our phone company called.  Y’all it was before 7:30am, and they called not once, not twice but three times within one minute.   I am not sure about you, but I try my hardest not to call anyone before 9am and their first cup of coffee.  So what was the emergency with the phone company?  To let us know they were closing a ticket that they had opened when they were fixing our internet.  Lucky the first time the phone rang, I was in a dead sleep and could not process who it was until the last ring and at the point, I knew I could still fall back asleep.  Then the second call came in…immediately in.  After trying to get the phone, I dropped it and in trying to catch it, came close to falling out of the bed.  By that point I just got up….I was awake then!  I walked into the kitchen and they called again!!!   There is so much  a girl can take.  Luckily for the woman on the other end, I choose not to answer and scream at her.  Geeze, I am sorry you have to be at work before 7:30 am in the morning, but think before you dial…three times!  Did I mention that we are a family a 2nd shift dad and husband?  Yea, we stay up later and sleep in a little later than some.  Oh well.

So as I was saying it was a rough night and a not to good start to my morning.  After I walked into the kitchen I was greeted by this…

IMG_2714 IMG_2715 IMG_2716

A sweet, wonderfully awesome woman that read my blog last week sent me a box of yarn for our Dominican trip.  A BIG box of lots and lots of yarn!  Last night, I set the yarn out so I could go through it this morning and place it in bags for the women of La Cumbre.  Seeing that this morning, brought some focus back into my angry self and I was a little giddy!  Did I mention that she has more things coming for my trip??  Thanks Wendy, you are the best!!

Although it was a rough start to the day, my day is truly blessed.  I say that, but the husband has yet to arise from his slumber….HA, I so tease!

4 Comments:

BARBIE said...

I cannot believe your phone company called you so early. The nerve of them. I would have been ticked. What a fun surprise to have received the yarn!

Robin Lambright said...

That was a nasty way to start the day!

But what a praise for all that yarn. I work with our Prayer Shawl ministry at our church and it is always amazing how God provides us with HUGE donations of yarn at just the right time!

AWESOME!


I hope the rest of your day is better!
R

Anonymous said...

We had a telephone call about 1:00 a.m. from a company that I ordered my daughter's Banquet dress from. Apparently, they were working!

Lovely gift to wake to! Congrats.

BTW, come on by and stay a while! Would love to have coffee with you!

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

So what the heck did the college son want??????

That is so very sweet about the yarn. I still need to go thru my t-shirts. I will try this week so I can send them to ya.

And you so do not tease...hehehehehehehe ;)