Saturday, February 5, 2011

Pantry Intervention

This may be disturbing to many of you.  If you need to look away, I give you permission to exit this web page now, but if you are one of those that are drawn to a train wreck kind of thing, then this will be right up your alley.  J Lynn…you’ll need to avoid this post altogether, your OCD self will not be able to look at this and ever be the same again!

My pantry is a sad state right now.  With our home being on the market we try our best to keep it non-pig-stylish as much as possible and when a realtor calls we can quickly pull it together.  The closets are presentable, the bathrooms are cleaned and even the kids room pass the potential buyer routine.  The pantry…it’s a whole other story.  It’s bad, it’s pitiful and it looks like a dump.  This morning when I went to get something I had this picture in my mind of people opening the door and saying…  ”OH.  MY.  GAWDDDDD!”  There is stuff everywhere…cans are teetering on the edge of boxes, potato chip bags half eaten, half opened and half crushed at the bottom of the pantry and if you try to get something out of there, something is going fall!  It is bad.  Here look…

IMG_2657

IMG_2658 IMG_2659

I can’t believe I just showed y’all that.  Well I can, only because I am so proud to show y’all this…

IMG_2665 IMG_2666 IMG_2667

By the way, I did get the dog food bag back into the bottom of the pantry along with a loaf of bread on the shelf, that was a lot of cleaning out! 

I felt the need to document this because I am sure it will not look this way for long.  Yep, wanted proof that it was cleaned…for a little bit.

                                                                               Now for

the refrigerator!

YIKES!!

6 Comments:

sara said...

will you come do mine? mine looks JUST like your first pictures!!!!

Jeanette said...

It wasn't that bad! But it does look nice :} My fridge could use some help!

Mary said...

Don't you feel so much better knowing that it's so neat? I know I did when I re-organized half of mine last month! :D

Unknown said...

Wow! I so need to do this. Wish you could hang out at my house.

H-Mama said...

i think you and i have the same exact pantry! ah!

Robin Lambright said...

I love the IDEA of a neat pantry.

It does feel good to get all things in order even if it only lasts for a day or so! Love that you pantry has a light in it!

I have to do that to mine every now and then.

Blessings
R