Friday, February 25, 2011

An Exciting Change For Joey

Joey, our youngest, our newest teenager, our awesome video game guru and glasses wearer….

IMG_2689

Got contacts on his birthday….

IMG_2700

I could not quit staring at him doing his school work…without his glasses!!! 

When Joey was in the second grade, he was not doing well in school so me and my mom took him to the eye doctor to rule out his eyes being the culprit.  When the doctor asked him to read the top letter…you know, the “E”, he said he did not know what it was.  I remember telling him, “Joey you know that letter!”  The eye doctor said “he may know it, but he can’t see it”.  I cried so hard.

His prescription was really bad.  Luckily he was able to get his glasses the same day!  When we got into the truck and cranked it up to leave, he said, “Wow, Dad’s radio has a clock on it!”.  I again, was horrified! 

IMG_2701

It will take some time to get used to him without his glasses that he has been wearing for the past 5 years!   Coming from one proud mama…he has the most beautiful eyes!

2 Comments:

Asian Hot Happenings said...

Hi...Do you still design blogs? Your designs are great. Please let me know.
Marlana

Patrice and Higgins said...

Yes I do, but I was not able to contact you...email me at jpdbj@dtccom.net!

Thanks!