Friday, February 18, 2011

Geeze, What A Week!

It’s been one of those weeks.  I could type a book up about my week where NOTHING exciting has happened.  Well, I guess if you count in eye appointments and an orthodontic appointment, that makes it real exciting!

(Stepping on the soapbox for a second) What it cost us to get two people eye exams, two of us new lenses (not frames) for our glasses and contacts ordered for three of us, is ridiculous!  Right now we have spent $468.43 and when the contacts all come in, we will add another $420.00, give or take a little.  That is insane!   (Stepping off the soapbox)

Not good news at the orthodontic appointment.   We discussed having to have wisdom teeth removed from our almost 13 year old.  WHAT??  UGH!  Poor kid, I am sure that will be pleasant to have those suckers removed at a young age and we are waiting ever so anxiously at what the amount of that little surgery will be.  Honestly, I feel worse for Joey than my bank account at this point.  Poor kids.  Again, UGH! 

Today finally rolls around and my husbands work schedule for the day is up in the air and of course that seems to put the whole family in a tizzy…not sure why, but it does.  He is back and forth on when he will be going in.  As he was standing at the back door he announces that three deer are in the back yard…EPIC MISTAKE.  Bradley runs to get his gun, Higgins is frantically growling and me and hubby are admiring the beautiful creatures. 

Bradley is getting ready for the big kill when the husband tells him no. 

No being told to Bradley about shooting a deer is like telling the world to quit spinning.  It didn’t go over well.

Bradley then proceeded to stare at the deer through the scoop of his gun, hit the glass door and then sent him and his dad into a squabble.  Nice.  Then of course me and hubby are now in a squabble as well.  Of course, it made his going into work early an easy decision, cause he left smiling and looking forward to work for a change.

So I am left here, in the house with a hungry teenager telling me we could have had a nice lunch of deer tenderloin and a Chihuahua that is still growling at the now empty back yard.   Nice. 

How has your week been?

2 Comments:

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

Sounds fun and exciting ;) I hope your day is getting better. Why do they want to pull his wisdom teeth so early?

Jeanette said...

I spent about 20 hours at work this week because Valentines Day was so crazy. Blah!

I am with Jenny.....why so early on the wisdom teeth?? BTW, our portion after our insurance covered half was about $1000 for each of our girls! Good luck!