Thursday, September 30, 2010

I Have Had A Realization

I do not like flying.  Although I did a great job today and only had one small panic attack on the plane, which by the way had lots of turbulence, overall I just do not like it at all.  Oh did I mention that this is the first time I have flown all by myself?  Yeah, that demands major kudos!

I do fine with take off and get totally excited with landing (because I know I am getting ready to get off)  I don’t like the being in the air, cruising above the clouds, it just plain scares me.  The end result is awesome though, getting somewhere quickly, but I am just saying the whole process scares the mess outta me!

I am sitting here, mostly people watching waiting for my next flight.  For those who may not know, because as of late I stink at blogging, I am heading back to the Dominican for a few days to go back into the community where we were in June.  I have the awesome opportunity to go to church there Sunday, the church our group help to build and to also work some on the goat project.  While I am there I will also be scoping things out for a possible place to live.  I am super excited, a little scared, a tad anxious and overall pretty happy (happy dance happy) to have the chance to love on the people of La Cumbre.

I hope to take some time each night to blog about my daily activities, but I am not promising that I will have cell reception to use the internet, so I will have to wait and see.  Please be in prayer for this trip!    Thanks!

5 Comments:

Unknown said...

Praying for you... and those awful plane rides because I know I would NEVER step foot on one. Hehe.

Robin Lambright said...

I totally get your apprehension about flying! It is not may favorite thing to do either!

No matter how aerodynamic the science is it still does not connect with my brain that a huge heavy metal object is capable of flight!


But...moving on. WOW! you have been contemplating a major life change. A possible permanent move to the D.R. How awesome is that!

Can't wait to hear what your decision will be!

You will be in my prayer as you re-visit your friends in the mission field!

Blessings
R

Anonymous said...

The flying part is fine and most planes basically fly themselves (auto pilot)...the take off an landings are the most dangerous parts of the flight and some landings can be rough but nothing beats the feeling of freedom in the open skies for me..flying a Cessna 182 is awesome..you really should try to overcome your fear by taking a discovery flying lesson sometime..the lesson is only around 40 or 50 bucks...if you are wanting to ensure a smooth flight back without anxiety just take some benadryl or other OTC med that might make you sleepy and sleep through the flight.

I knew you were thinking about moving back there based on the post you did when you got back from your trip...not something I would ever consider but if it is what you are wanting to do then go for it...

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

I'm glad you made it safe and sound. I hope you have a wonderful visit :)

BARBIE said...

I don't like flying either. I keep hearing it's the safest method of travel but it doesn't make me feel any better. Enjoy your trip. Can't wait to hear all about it.