Friday, September 24, 2010

Things To Do & Things To Come

I mentioned in my last post that life has been a little crazy and was enjoying my weekend free of obligations and nothing to do.  Well there was lots to do, but we took the rare opportunity to relax and watch movies instead.  In true Monday fashion, my feet hit the floor running and there looks to be no stopping in sight.  So what is keeping me so busy these days??

Yesterday the realtor came out and discussed what needed to be done before we listed the house.  To our surprise there was not much that needed to be done!  The big things were to finish the kitchen cabinets and to paint the porches.  Of course we need to de-clutter the boys room and get the bonus room looking lie a bonus room!!  So it looks like a busy weekend lies ahead for us!

I leave for the Dominican Thursday so that means that I have to get things ready for the hubby and kids to live 5 days without me.  As most moms know, the things that I will do are probably unnecessary, but falls in the category of “mom’s list of to-do’s” before you leave anywhere.  It the things that they don’t see or realize that get done, but it does.  Then comes the packing of the suitcase and the learning, or trying to learn more Spanish.  In my husbands defense, he is awesome at household chores and I am truly blessed that I do not worry about the kids being fed or laundry getting done, because he basically does all that anyways…yeah I know, he’s Mr. Wonderful!

There has been so much going on this year that I think we are just tired of running and doing.   It’s all part of the bigger plan and we just keep telling ourselves that it will all be worth it in the end.   This time next year, only God knows what our life will be like and where we will be, we just keeping trusting in Him each day to keep us moving forward in doing His will.

1 Comments:

Robin Lambright said...

WOW! Moving, do you guys know where?

Getting our house ready to go on the market was a chore, but then we had been in the house for over 20 years so we really had to do some reworking to take our personal stamp of things and get it looking less lived in. We did not have to do much but it was a chore trying to keep things picked up all the time!

The best advice my Realtor gave me was to make sure all the curtain and blinds were completely open when showing a house to let in as much light as possible!

Good luck in the process and I know you will have a wonderful time on your next mission trip!

Blessings
R