Monday, September 27, 2010

Lead Me

My husband is awesome, my rock, my love, my best friend and I love him more and more each day.  Yesterday at the alter it took everything I had not to lose it…he said the most beautiful prayer and prays for me in a way that leaves me speechless.  Prays for the things I don’t think about praying for.  He know me so much more than I think I know my self at times!   I am so in awe that God blessed me with such a loving and supportive husband!

This morning coming to work, they played this song on the radio, it’s not the first time I have heard it and not even the second, but this morning I focused intensely on the words.   It made me realize that this song is just not for husbands, but for  all of us…listen to (or read) the lyrics:

“Lead me with strong hands
Stand up when I can't
Don't leave me hungry for love
Chasing dreams, what about us?
Show me you're willing to fight
That I'm still the love of your life
I know we call this our home
But I still feel alone”

I can not get the words out of my mind and it has encouraged me to be there for my husband, the way he is there for me.   To be the mother to my boys where they will never doubt that I am there, leading, loving, fighting for them no matter what and I will never leave them alone, ever.

I hope this song will encourage you today as it has me. 

1 Comments:

Penny said...

I LOVE that song!! It's so incredible. =)