Monday, July 13, 2009

The Love Story of Us, Continued

Rachel @ The Musing Of A Future Pastor’s Wife, is running this awesome carnival of Meetings, Marriages & Memories. Hope on over to her site and read more love stories of others!

~Chapter Two~

Even though we had a quick introduction at the end of our 10th grade year, we really didn't know much of each other until our Junior year.

In my 11th grade year, I left the Flag Corps and begin playing in the percussion line in band. There is where my career in High School went down hill. Everything bad you ever heard about the percussion line in band, is all true. We were a bunch of animals to put it politely. We loved to get into trouble and made an art out of it. Jeremy and I became friends because not only because we had mutual friends, but we were together a lot because of band practice and Friday night games. Thus begins the rocky courtship.

Our senior year was filled with friendship drama, band drama and any drama that we could create. Most days I would show up late to school, and of course it would infuriate Jeremy and after he left to go to work, I quickly followed him out the door to adventures unknown. Besides our mutual friends I hung out with others that loved to get into trouble. Looking back on it know, it gave Jeremy something to do besides homework! HA!! Today I feel like if it were not for his constant interference and dad-like parenting he did during my senior year, there is no telling what kind of trouble I would of found myself in! Anyways…

Our courtship, my love, that I had for him was not that public because of our friends, and really beside Jeremy’s undying profession of his love of me to Tracey, another mutual friend that we to school with, and I went to church with, it would of been unknown to anyone! Well, people knew….I’m sure.

One day Jeremy handed me a note asking me out on our first official date. I laugh as I type this, because this date begins the “you drive, you decide” eating out dilemma that still haunts us to this day. He picked me up, and asked where I wanted to go. I of course, said I didn’t care, so begins the great debate of where to eat at.

I am sure, knowing Jeremy so well, that he had in mind where he wanted to go, but wanted the night to be perfect, so he would not say where he really wanted to eat at. We pulled into four different restaurant parking lots and left each one to arrive back at the first restaurant that we first pulled into (the one he originally picked).

We ate at a Mexican restaurant called Cuco’s, which I had never went to before and it soon became my most favorite place to eat. We sat and talked, ate the most amazing chimichanga that I had ever put into my mouth and had the best time. To be honest, I really do not remember what else we did that night, but do know that we talked for hours after he took me home.

I think I knew then that we would be together, forever, but was to stubborn to admit to my true feelings, and besides, I hated it when Jeremy was right. I would not give him the satisfaction of knowing before I made up my mind that we would be together forever!!

The rest is to be continued….but before I leave chapter two of Our Love Story, I do have to mention something about the note Jeremy gave me that day, asking me out.

I have carried that note in my wallet from that day. after reading it I stuck it into my wallet and I never took it out and it has been with me since that day. It was the sweetest, most heartfelt, true love personified in written form, that touched my heart deeply.

I guess that is when I knew what true love was all about, and the love he had for me was more than evident. I read this a lot, and really have it memorized, but still pull it out and read it. On occasion when I am upset with him, I will read it, because it will put things into perspective and I realize that I do not need to sweat the small stuff! Here’s a picture of the letter…..so sweet!!

SDC10829SDC10830

9 Comments:

Annette said...

Well I think I feel another tear on my cheek!! hehe. Love it and love the note!

Robin Lambright said...

How very tender and sweet!

Keeping that letter close to you at all times is a wonderful example to your children of the value of love and the importance of the marriage covenant!

You go girl!

We all desire for our children to have strong and lasting realtionships, what most fail to realize is the best way to teach is by example.

How fortunate your children are that they have this example everyday!

Blessings my sweet friend!
Robin

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

aww how sweet.

Brooke said...

how sweet! i love that you carry the note around. :)

Anonymous said...

I love hearing this story! I can't wait fo rthe next chapter. I think you should write a book!
I remember Cuco's and it was one of my favs too and I also loved the Chimichangas!
That note it the sweetest thing and sweat that you kept it!

Love, Stacey

Greg C said...

Great story. I can't believe you still have that note. :)

Anonymous said...

OK, how SWEET IS THAT that you still carry the note around???

He sounds like one amazing Prince Charming! I can't wait to read more!

Lauren said...

I love it that you still have the note ... too sweet!!!

Miss Behavin said...

Awwwww - what a sweet Jerm!!! I'm glad he didn't give up on you!