Friday, July 10, 2009

In 24 hours….

In the next 24 hours lots will be happening!  We will be at the airport getting ready to depart on our mission trip.  I am so sorry for the lack of updates on my blog, but honestly, it has been the busiest, most crazy week that I have had in a long time!

Speaking of crazy week, the devil has been having a blast, you know the “you are going a a mission trip and I am going to upset you anyway I can” kinda fun!  No worries here, we know that this next week, amazing things are going to happen!

Oh, by the way, I am an official twit!!  Yep, I thought I will update the trip through Twitter, so check it out!!  We’ll see how good it works!!

Just a few prayer requests:

We are arriving in the DR at 10pm and will then proceed to travel to the village we will be working in during the middle of the night.  Our travel arrangements have been very sketchy at best, but we do know that we will be finishing the last leg of the trip in the backs of pick-up trucks.  They told us it would be a rough ride. Please pray for our travel safety.  Most importantly, please pray for a peace to surround me like never before.  I am not a good traveler, especially in mountains in the back of a pick-up truck with someone else driving.  I will not even mention the plane trip, remember I don’t do planes…but I have happy pills from the doctor!  Yea for medication!!

Pray for Jeremy, he has the first time mission trip fears.  The unknown sometimes can be very scary.  Pray for his back and for no complications to happen and no pains at all.  we are just a bit apprehensive about his back, but are totally putting our faith in God’s hand that he will have no pain while we are there.  There are two others that are that have back problems and one is a teenager that just had a tumor removed from his back at the beginning of the year, please lift them up as well.

From the total mom perspective here, please pray for my children and my in-laws.  Jeremy’s parents are traveling from Florida today to stay with the kids.  We probably will not have cell reception and will be unreachable until we head into the city on Wednesday and as a mom, I worry so about something happening to my kids and not being able to know.  Jeremy or I have always been here with them, and this time we are both going, so I am a little on the uneasy side.  I trust Jeremy’s parents 100% and in an emergency situation, I am sure they would handle it much better than I would, but as a  mom I still worry!

I can’t wait to see what God has in store for us this week.  If for some miracle I can get a picture or two sent out on my phone, Jenny will post them for you to see what is going on while we are there!

Thanks for your prayers and I will try to update twitter as we travel….talk to you in when we get home!

(BFF, I will be thinking of you…maybe next year!)

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

The Pastor of the school my kids go to just came back from the Dominican!

Praying for peace and a gentle journey.

Meredith said...

Lots of prayers for a safe and incredible journey for you, Jeremy and all going!! I cannot wait to hear all about the wonderful things you experience there!

Robin Lambright said...

I may have to actual check out this twitter thing so I can see what you are up to while you are in the DR, I know that God will richly bless you both as you serve in the mission field.

We can't with to hear all about when you get home.

I will be praying for everyone to arrive safely and for your trip to be spirit fled and a blessing to all!


PHP 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Blessings
Robin