Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Dominican Trip Update

This is Jenny, Patrice’s sister-n-law and I thought I would share some information about their trip with you so far:

Here are Patrice’s tweets for the week:

heading to the Dominican!! almost to the airport let the panic begin!!8:28 AM Jul 11th

i have seen tuna cans bigger than this plane!! goodness i am not liking this!!10:56 AM Jul 11th

sitting on the runway having a mini melt down, have confirmed i am not the flying type!6:45 PM Jul 11th

actually only a few tearsl doing as well as to be expected!6:46 PM Jul 11th

we landed and our luggage did not!11:02 PM Jul 11th

it is now been 24 hours since i have last slept2:22 AM Jul 12th

This is from Jenny on facebook - last e-mail we received they still had no luggage and may not get it til Friday. They had eaten and they were heading to their camp from Santa Domingo at 2 a.m. Pray for them it was a long day yesterday. July 12th
our luggage arrived! too many amazing things going on to list!! July 15th --Praise the Lord I was getting worried for them.

I will post more as I get more pics. I hope everyone is having a blessed week.

This is their mode of transportation:







5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I almost had a panic attack reading about her trip!!!

Greg C said...

I swear I have been down that same dirt road. I am sure they will be find and do God's work.

Meredith said...

Thanks for the update Jenny! I cannot wait to see you Patrice (Jeremy too) and hear all about it!! You are both amazing souls!

Jeanette said...

Please tell me you at least packed an extra toothbrush and essentials like mascara and lip gloss!

Praying for you Patrice!!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Wow, how nice of you to keep us updated! I hope everything settles down and she has a life-changing experience, ordained by God.